• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia 2012/2013

Spark

Global Moderator
I have a hard time agreeing that the poster-boy of Aus cricket for the last few years is gonna be viewed as 7th or 8th in the queue. The only way from here I can see Johnson not being a complete regular in this squad is if the selectors continue with this rotation policy of going between about 8 different bowlers.
You and logic having a spell?

I'd suggest that six or seven bowlers being selected before him suggests that he's 7th or 8th in the queue.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
if fit and firing, Hilf (& siddle) is above Cummins, but Hilf is being a sorta MJ-like figure by going into each series with a "will his action be all good" question over him, the ****.

benchmark00

I don't think any of those guys are currently better bowlers than MJ. Richardson is a bit hard to judge 'cause he can't get a FC game, but I'm def comfortably saying Cutting and NCN are worse bowlers, and I'm not really sure you can the play expansive card, given Cutting and NCN (Cutting in particular) are hardly known for keeping things tight between wickets. They might be bowlers better than Johnson around but I don't think the 3 you're pushing are them (Bollinger, Putland, Al McD etc)
I forgot about doug and putland also. They're better as well.

And who's talking about economy rates? Johnson's cost is bowling ****ing trash for ten matches in between his god like efforts.

Cutting and NCN are comfortably better bowlers than Johnson, but you just can't select them.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm not gonna lie here either. Johnson's been bowling very well, on the whole, in this last spell. But I don't give a ****. We can't be so short sighted with him. Does his history mean nothing?
he's too erratic imo. even today he's had some spells where he bowled well but also some spells where he gave pies.

uvelocity

International Coach
Haven't watched non stop but some good top order bowling and some pathetic batting. Should not be out by tea on what I've seen. Gulf between the sides is massive

Spikey

I forgot about doug and putland also. They're better as well.

And who's talking about economy rates? Johnson's cost is bowling ****ing trash for ten matches in between his god like efforts.

Cutting and NCN are comfortably better bowlers than Johnson, but you just can't select them.
well ok. i don't agree. moving on.

benchmark00

There really is no excuse for that. Australia bowled ok, but a team like SA would probably be 2/180 not all out 150.