• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia 2012/2013

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
I'm glad they didn't do this **** when Warne and McGrath were starting out. The cotton wool approach isn't working based on the injury count.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
I'm glad they didn't do this **** when Warne and McGrath were starting out. The cotton wool approach isn't working based on the injury count.
Indeed, it's like having a marathon runner not training for a marathon because he's worried about feeling tired. If the injuries are the result of a weak, flexible youthful body, all they're doing is stretching out the process. If they're going to get injured, they're going to get ****ing injured so if they're fit you need to play them.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
If this ws at Galle instead of Hobart, plenty of people will be calling for curators head.
The Galle pitch was great this year.

Yes it was flat, but it had bounce, and for whatever atmospherical reasons it always seems to swing there.

I thought the Hobart wicket was on the flat side of what I'd call a good test wicket.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The thing I don't get about the Starc resting thing is, if true, that means we have no back-up bowler in the squad. I mean, you're resting Starc.

TumTum

Banned
So don't tell me, our bowling attack at boxing day will be Siddle, Johnson and some **** FC bowler.

Kill me now........

Spikey

with hilf getting injured the next test, and him being old and sturdy and all, resting is clearly useless
well hilf got injured with a side strain. that's hardly the same as a stress injury in the back/foot is it. that's what they're trying to avoid by resting.

Spikey

god help us if the media ever actually decide why bowlers get injured, instead of the angry mob thing they have going on

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I always have concern when MJ is in a bowling attack as he ruins the ball with his rubbish scrambled seam and what not, he leaks runs and slows the overrate and maintains limited pressure.

So in a live series, its a terrible decision to include an erractic quick instead of a young quick who just took 4 wickets in his last 35 balls in test Cricket.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Gawd I'd forgotten about the scrambled seam bull**** with him. Schoolboys get that **** right ffs.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
This might be a good idea. I can't say I'm a hundred percent comfortable with a decision being automatically overturned because it pitched 2mm outside leg - though it may be accurate and true to the spirit of the law, it's definitely not why the system is in place
It's still an incorrect decision regardless of how big the umpire's error is.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Why the hell do we continue to persist with Johnson. **** me dead.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Cricket Australia clearly trying their best to make sure Sydney not a dead rubber and lose some cash on tickets.

Reckon Sri Lanka should play their young 140km/h quicks with no accuracy and movement as well to even up the Johnson selection. You know Test cricket just about bowling fast, it doesn't matter if you do jack all with the ball.

iamdavid

International Debutant
So don't tell me, our bowling attack at boxing day will be Siddle, Johnson and some **** FC bowler.

Kill me now........
Better than Siddle, Johnson and Starc IMO.

Bird seems level-headed and pretty uncomplicated in his methods, I don't necessarily think he'll rip through Test sides but he'll at least do a serviceable job. Whereas with Starc and Johnson (or for that matter Coulter-Nile or Cutting) you're going to have two frontline quicks prone to going at 5 per over.