• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Clarke -401* tomorrow. You read it here first

AlanJLegend

U19 Vice-Captain
You know, I hope Clarke does go on and get 400 tomorrow. Every time he gets past 200 people start getting overly excited and start talking about him getting the big quadrouple ton. He should just get it over and done with.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Re: thread title - how many times will he have to get out to get to -401? I assume this match is being played under indoor cricket rules.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Agree. If there was ever a match situation where it wouldnt be considered selfish to get the big 401* this is it, just do it already. No batting into day 3 like Lara did, or like Sachin did with his forgettable 241* which cost his side too much time to bowl us out twice.

Spark

Global Moderator
Re: thread title - how many times will he have to get out to get to -401? I assume this match is being played under indoor cricket rules.
:laugh:

TBF I never did the deduct-runs-from-score thing in yard cricket. I just told him "you're out, now give me the bat"

Last edited:

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
I would love to see that happening. Will be a more worthy knock to hold that record than the one that holds the record now (no disrespect meant to Lara!)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I would love to see that happening. Will be a more worthy knock to hold that record than the one that holds the record now (no disrespect meant to Lara!)
This is where I'd like to have another whinge about Adelaide Oval but I'd have to be crazy to whinge about someone breaking an ARG record because the pitch was too flat.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
He'll declare before he gets anywhere near. If he gets 150 runs tomorrow, then the team would have got at least 250. 700 is certainly enough for Clarke to declare on

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He'll declare before he gets anywhere near. If he gets 150 runs tomorrow, then the team would have got at least 250. 700 is certainly enough for Clarke to declare on
I expect this would happen. Even though there's no real need to declare at 700 either given how quickly they're scoring and given the pitch I would think Clarke will mix up the bowling quite a lot anyway (they have plenty of options to do that) so bowler fatigue shouldn't be a big factor.

The big if is whether Australia actually bat that long, they don't have a great deal left. But you'd think 700 would be probable before tea if they were still going and there's no reason to declare that early because there is a good 1000+ runs left in the match if South Africa bat that long even if they just go at a fairly average Test run-rate.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I reckon if they smash 120 in the first session they'll declare at Lunch. I wouldn't do it, but I think it's what they'll do.

Howe_zat

Audio File
This is where I'd like to have another whinge about Adelaide Oval but I'd have to be crazy to whinge about someone breaking an ARG record because the pitch was too flat.
So whinging about the record for most runs in a day is okay, but most runs in an innings is not on? Seems an odd line to draw.

doesitmatter

U19 Cricketer
Knowing Clarke 1st thing in his mind would be to declare 1-11/2 hr(s) before the days close provided Aus bat that long obv. i.e Team first and this way he will also try to bat SA out of the game ..

Next thing in his mind would be the elusive quadruple and to achieve that his approach in reality would be..let us see Clarke still needs 176 runs...
1st & 2nd session : 70 runs each and in the 3rd with the declaration in mind he will try to score the remaining runs..Atleast that's what i want him to do :)

Last edited: