• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in Bangladesh 2012

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Fixture:

Thu Nov 8 - Sat Nov 10
09:30 local | 03:30 GMT
Bangladesh Cricket Board XI v West Indians
Bangladesh Krira Shikkha Protisthan Ground, Savar

Tue Nov 13 - Sat Nov 17
1st Test - Bangladesh v West Indies
Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur

Wed Nov 21 - Sun Nov 25
2nd Test - Bangladesh v West Indies
Sheikh Abu Naser Stadium, KhulnaVenue TBC

Wed Nov 28
Bangladesh Cricket Board XI v West Indians
Sheikh Abu Naser Stadium, Khulna

Fri Nov 30
1st ODI - Bangladesh v West Indies

Sun Dec 2
2nd ODI - Bangladesh v West Indies

Wed Dec 5
13:30 local | 07:30 GMT
3rd ODI - Bangladesh v West Indies

Fri Dec 7
4th ODI - Bangladesh v West Indies

Sat Dec 8
5th ODI - Bangladesh v West Indies

Mon Dec 10
17:00 local | 11:00 GMT
Only T20I - Bangladesh v West Indies

West Indies Squad: Darren Sammy (capt), Denesh Ramdin (vice-capt), Tino Best, Darren Bravo, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Narsingh Deonarine, Kirk Edwards, Assad Fudadin, Chris Gayle, Sunil Narine, Veerasammy Permaul, Kieran Powell, Ravi Rampaul, Kemar Roach, Marlon Samuels

West Indies Cricket News: Guyana spinner Veerasammy Permaul picked for Bangladesh Tests | ESPN Cricinfo

Bangladesh Squad will be announced probably after the 2nd Round of ongoing National Cricket League.

In the meantime, Richard Pybus quits as Head Coach and he is not returning back to Bangladesh. Here's the full interview as to why he left the job: Bangladesh Cricket Features: 'My position was undermined consistently by the BCB' - Richard Pybus | ESPN Cricinfo

Shane Jurgensen, current Head Bowling Coach, is taking over for the West Indies Tour.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Squad announced: Mushfiqur Rahim (capt & wk), Mahmudullah (vice-capt), Tamim Iqbal, Junaid Siddique, Shahriar Nafees, Shakib Al Hasan, Naeem Islam, Nazimuddin, Nasir Hossain, Elias Sunny, Shahadat Hossain, Rubel Hossain, Abul Hasan, Sohag Gazi.

A bit disappointed with the team selection really tbh. Nafees scored 97 in his last test but that was ages ago and in between he didn't play any substantial innings to my knowledge to hold up his place where as Anamul is scoring runs whenever he's getting any opportunity. Same goes to Nazimuddin as Nafees. Probably neither of them would play as Junaid might get the nod due to 180 odd in the last NCL match.

For bowling options, expected Enamul to be there as he's in terrific form but can see why selectors preferred Shohag Gazi as he brings off spin variety and currently improving under Saqlain's mentoring.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Dropping players who have actually shown recent aptitude to Test cricket on NCL form of all things would've been absurd, IMO. It's a good squad. Don't really like the Abul pick at all but I'm assuming he probably won't play anyway.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Dropping players who have actually shown recent aptitude to Test cricket on NCL form of all things would've been absurd, IMO. It's a good squad. Don't really like the Abul pick at all but I'm assuming he probably won't play anyway.
Nafees' recent form for BD A is not good too although others didn't perform that well. His recent scores for BD A- 22, 32, 9, 14, 0, 69, 4. Think selectors are thinking it's pretty early to draft in Anamul Haque in place of someone like Nafees but they got to bring him into the mixture soon I think.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Looking forward to the series, solid squad from the locals.

Oh can we

it please.

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Looking forward to this, but poor team selection. I'd definitely give Anamul Haque a chance. Same with Enamul Haq. Abul has done **** all to deserve that spot.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Bangladesh opening the bowling with a debutant off spinner and Gayle duly hits the first ball of the match - the bowler's first in Tests - back over his head for six. :laugh:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
:laugh: Poor Banglas, Gayle's going nuts.

Good to see the new bloke still dare to flight it against him though.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Got him with a flighted one, good stuff.

Though Gayle departing means I'm going back to SA v Aus

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Why is it not out off the fielder's helmet? If it bonked the fielder on the noggin and thenceforth leapt up in to the bucket like hands of a nearby fielder it'd be out - surely?