• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Australia 2012

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Hopefully a full good day of test match ahead

There's better weather in Brisbane and the news from the Gabba is pleasing. It's dry, the stumps have been pitched and the players are warming up.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
So what's SA's plan going to be today?

I think that they will just try and bat normally and see off the new ball before lunch, lift the run rate in the second session and then go the tonk for say 50 minutes, before declaring and having an hour at the Aussies late in the day.

Tipping SA will aim for 500-520 and would like to have Australia 2 for under 40 at stumps. Hope I'm wrong.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
SA all out 320. Australia 0-164 at stumps.

Sing it... When you're smiling, whe you're smiling
The whole world's deluded with you....

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
So what's SA's plan going to be today?

I think that they will just try and bat normally and see off the new ball before lunch, lift the run rate in the second session and then go the tonk for say 50 minutes, before declaring and having an hour at the Aussies late in the day.

Tipping SA will aim for 500-520 and would like to have Australia 2 for under 40 at stumps. Hope I'm wrong.
Think so too. On the other hand, bowlers would want to take a grip by picking up two quick wickets and put pressure on lower middle order as they are one batsman short. Best chance to pick Amla/Kallis within the first hour with new ball I would guess

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They'll get 450-500 and we'll be like 2/80 at stumps. Pitch still looks fairly true out there.

Woodster

International Captain
Test hundred number 17 for Hashim Amla, is continuing to develop into a very special player.

Last edited: