• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Australia 2012

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So anyways, it's gotten to the point where 80% of all dismissals are being referred. This needs to stop. It's ruining the spectacle.

benchmark00

Was he saying otherwise?

He doesn't get as much drift as someone like Hauritz, but it's still definitely a big weapon for him.
He was talking about Ashely Mallett and saying how good he was because he had spin, bounce and drift. And how Lyon has two of those attributes (spin and bounce) but he's never seen him drift it.

I call him a **** as you can see.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He was talking about Ashely Mallett and saying how good he was because he had spin, bounce and drift. And how Lyon has two of those attributes (spin and bounce) but he's never seen him drift it.

I call him a **** as you can see.
:laugh: wtf Chappelli. Pulls some weird ones sometimes. It's probably fair to say it's Lyon's weakest of those three facets at the moment but to say he doesn't get drift at all is absurd. Even at the Gabba, the Kallis wicket was a great example. If he thinks that was all angle he's kidding himself.

Spikey

ok guys here's what's gonna happen tomorrow. kallis (or steyn.) and tahir are gonna survive 120 minutes and save the match and boy is tahir gonna celebrate

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
When in doubt, the Australian batsmen bat aggressively, when in doubt, AB de Villiers lets Ricky Pointing bowl to him.

Imran Tahir was hit for a lot of sixes not only because he bowled **** but one of the boundaries is all of 50 yards. None of the South African batsman seem to have realized that.

Selection of Ryan McLaren is truly awful as well. He has about as much chance of taking a wicket as Quiney. No Aussie batsman will give him an ounce of respect, particularly at Perth.

ajdude

International Coach
Riggins re-enters the race to 1,000 posts.

ajdude looking most likely.
backing in the remainder of them to involve calling you a ****

but yeah i'm plodding along i guess

it'll happen day 4 of the perth test.

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

:laugh: wtf Chappelli. Pulls some weird ones sometimes. It's probably fair to say it's Lyon's weakest of those three facets at the moment but to say he doesn't get drift at all is absurd. Even at the Gabba, the Kallis wicket was a great example. If he thinks that was all angle he's kidding himself.
He gets some which is more than some other spinners around the world get. Swann gets more but Lyon gets far more than the Indian spinners and Monty does. Tahir doesn't count as he just bowls pies. Wish i'd seen some of the Bangladesh v WI series to see if Gazi gets any. Also he is relatively young and inexperienced and it is something he is no doubt working on and will improve over time with games and practice. Sometimes commentators/experts have to pick up on the smallest negative thing as there is little else to bag the player for. Be interesting to see how he goes on the tour to India.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Philander does bowl bad balls though, especially late in the day when he's been out in the field for a while.
He does.

He strikes me as a more professional Mohammed Asif than a McGrath like bowler. It's his ability to consistently find or manufacture movement of pitch in that very straight area that batsmen have difficulty with.

Can't SA call up more than one player? If Philander and Kallis are gone, surely they can call up McClaren and another bowler? It just seems a bit of a slap in the face to Parnell and Tsotsobe.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Benchy in h0t f0rm for the race to 25k I see.

I'm hoping for a dismount TBH, I love udrs:wub:

Oh and where's Chris Morris, better than McLaren and Albie, on my watching t20, which is obvs definitive.

Last edited:

uvelocity

International Coach
What about Pakistan mate? They are definitely one of the best countries when playing at non DRS venues (trying to think of a way to say they are great excl in Aus, NZ, Eng and SA).
oh yeah forgot em

aus eng sa
pak ind
wi sl

But I think anyone can beat anyone, it's a mixed bag

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Australia now paying almost $1.50 to win.

Get on boys, market has panicked. That is value. Still plenty of overs left in this match for Australia to get 6 wickets.