• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Australia 2012

Eloquentia

U19 12th Man
Aussie form :(

Cowan - 6
Warner - 2
Watson - 33
Ponting - 5
Clarke - 8
Hussey - 65, 3
Wade - 8
Siddle - 5
Starc - 3
Pattinson - 18
Hilfenhaus - 0*
Lyon - 8

Pattinson - 2-56, 2-19*
Siddle - 2-53, 0-13*
Hilfenhaus - 2-25, 1-80*
Starc - 0-11*
Watson - 0-0*
Lyon - DNB,

Edit: at least they're getting all of their bad scores out of the way before the series starts ;)
Hilfenhaus definitely looked a bit out of sorts. Although the pitch wasn't as advantageous to someone who bowls like him as it is to some other seamers.

Nonetheless.

Eloquentia

U19 12th Man
So, the rumours are that Ponting mightn't make the first test.

Who do y'all think will replace him? and as a secondary question, who do you think should?

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Reckon it'd probably be Bailey though tbh.
did we come up with a consensus re bailey not playing in aus a. like was he dropped for some odd reason, or do they think for some odd reason that bailey has proven enough and we can try out some other guys for aus a.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
did we come up with a consensus re bailey not playing in aus a. like was he dropped for some odd reason, or do they think for some odd reason that bailey has proven enough and we can try out some other guys for aus a.
I don't think the Australia A side was meant to represent the next best eleven in the selectors' eyes; it was just random players they wanted to have a look at. If they called it Cricket Australia Select XI or something instead people would have complained a lot less about it in general; I'm not reading into it.

Top_Cat

Quiney a bolter if Ponting doesn't come up? Bailey's batting like pus right now and selectors seem to put a fair bit of stock in runs in a game like today's. Has the advantage of being a leftie which Steyn traditionally bowls less well against.

Bailey's big left pad against a fired-up Steyn, on the other hand, fills me with......horror.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Quiney a bolter if Ponting doesn't come up? Bailey's batting like pus right now
Quiney's hardly smashing it either though; when was the last time he actually hit a First Class hundred? Has he even hit one this calender year yet?

Top_Cat

Came close today. Sometimes that's all it takes.

Mind you Maxwell took runs off them today so, well.....

EDIT: tbh, I like Quiney anyway. Seems to bat well in tough conditions, one of those guys who cruises when wickets are tumbling at the other end.

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Aussie form :(

Cowan - 6
Warner - 2
Watson - 33
Ponting - 5
Clarke - 8
Hussey - 65, 3
Wade - 8
Siddle - 5
Starc - 3
Pattinson - 18
Hilfenhaus - 0*
Lyon - 8

Pattinson - 2-56, 2-19*
Siddle - 2-53, 0-13*
Hilfenhaus - 2-25, 1-80*
Starc - 0-11*
Watson - 0-0*
Lyon - DNB,

Edit: at least they're getting all of their bad scores out of the way before the series starts ;)
Similar to what happened 2 years ago in the ashes really. Hope you perform better than that series as I want to watch some good tight test cricket in the next few weeks and my lot will get stuffed in India.