• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Australia 2012

uvelocity

International Coach
hmm that's interesting. bit of a soft option. Wonder how they will find a way to implement the rotation out of patto if hilf doesn't make any improvement here.

Ruckus

International Captain
I think it's a pretty good choice really. Hilf wasn't at his best last match, but even still he didn't leak many runs. Could easily see Starc doing that on a flat Adelaide wicket where he isn't getting much swing or bounce.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Shame to see Starc miss out, thought he was a sure bet to replace Hilf. I'm a fan of Watto but I'm glad to see Quiney get another go too, would like to see him replace Warner tbh.
With Watson out I would personally prefer that we went for the more attacking option of Starc as Adelaide isn't the easier oval to take 20 wickets on. Hopefully Hilf does a job for us though.

Regarding the batting, I would have to say that it would send the wrong message if Warner got dropped for Quiney (if Watto returned). Quiney's 9 wasn't enough to displace another batsman who was/is ahead of him in the pecking order and lets not forget that Warner was ahead of Cowan too before the last innings.

uvelocity

International Coach
Don't mention Patto and Hilf in the same sentence ****
but do you know what I mean, say hilf does poorly and the want to put starc in for him in perth or against lanka, when does patto get a rest, what are you gonna rest him and play siddle hilf and starc?