• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

Arachnodouche

International Captain
You'd expect that response from Cevno to a post which doesn't in any way address the discussion at hand.

Look, by all means keep preparing these pitches. All it does is produce the attitude which leads to the recent away pizzlings that have been dished out. But it doesn't matter, so long as you win at home. Mindless.
You make countless posts taking the piss, often bordering on outright bigotry and stereotyping an entire country based on the fans', admittedly often ****ty, atittude. Stop getting your..things in a twist.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand..by the same token, since Australia haven't exactly been painting themselves in glory over their past two trips here, shouldn't they start making turners as well? It looks to me that you're basically underselling all cricket played out here. Fine, it doesn't make for aesthetic viewing; I prefer watching the summer cricket in Australia also. But until you guys start preparing pitches aiding spin in your countries, you can't hope to do too well either. Unless you're OK with that. We hate to see our team play like little girls on tour, but you seem inclined to just criticize the pitches here.

biased indian

International Coach
You'd expect that response from Cevno to a post which doesn't in any way address the discussion at hand.

Look, by all means keep preparing these pitches. All it does is produce the attitude which leads to the recent away pizzlings that have been dished out. But it doesn't matter, so long as you win at home. Mindless.
Which is what all team are guilty of in the last 3-5 years and dont see that chaging any time soon ...every team is now great at home and bad away...

i agree to your point of having good bouncing pitches but i will never have them in test matches Ranji trophy is where they want it make half the pitches like that and they did have some this season and the result was the game was over in 2 days some thing like that :)

DriveClub

International Regular
Out of all the posters that I've read, benchy with the monkey avatar looks the best poster in this site. Keep up the good work great man :thumbup:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You make countless posts taking the piss, often bordering on outright bigotry and stereotyping an entire country based on the fans', admittedly often ****ty, atittude. Stop getting your..things in a twist.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand..by the same token, since Australia haven't exactly been painting themselves in glory over their past two trips here, shouldn't they start making turners as well? It looks to me that you're basically underselling all cricket played out here. Fine, it doesn't make for aesthetic viewing; I prefer watching the summer cricket in Australia also. But until you guys start preparing pitches aiding spin in your countries, you can't hope to do too well either. Unless you're OK with that. We hate to see our team play like little girls on tour, but you seem inclined to just criticize the pitches here.
Yeah they should have turning pitches here. That was the great value of Sydney when it used to turn. But the real value if it was you'd go from Sydney to Perth to Adelaide to Melbourne and there would be different tests. That's the point. The fact there's a sameness about a lot of the pitches here now is no good for the game IMO.

Don't be coming on here suggesting my saying preparing endless pitches like the one for this test makes for **** cricket and leads to no good for the home side is somehow bigotry. It's bull****, even by your standards.

Last edited:

Burgey

I take twisted satisfaction out of Burgey essentially getting trolled in response to his troll and then biting here.
That's ok, I'm taking twisted satisfaction out of a mass of people completely missing the point. There's no ignorance like willful ignorance.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah they should have turning pitches here. That was the great value of Sydney when it used to turn. But the real value if it was you'd go from Sydney to Perth to Adelaide to Melbourne and there would be different tests. That's the point. The fact there's a sameness about a lot of the pitches here now is no good for the game IMO.
You should've just said this from the start, instead of looking like you're trolling the Indians again.

edit: What would people attribute the changes in pitches in Australia too. How did they all lose their uniqueness and just become the same vanilla flavour?

Last edited:

Burgey

Which is what all team are guilty of in the last 3-5 years and dont see that chaging any time soon ...every team is now great at home and bad away...

i agree to your point of having good bouncing pitches but i will never have them in test matches Ranji trophy is where they want it make half the pitches like that and they did have some this season and the result was the game was over in 2 days some thing like that :)
Well I think tbf if they suddenly prepared turning pitches here you'd get the same outcome. But I don't know if that means they should desist with preparing at least some. There were years on end where WA would be routed in NSW in two days, then NSW would go over there and get smashed in the same time frame, such were the differences in conditions. Just don't get that now for whatever reasons. It's a shame, because you'd get some blokes who would excel in both matches for a few years and you could see they were the guys who could most likely make it.

Burgey

You should've just said this from the start, instead of looking like you're trolling the Indians again.

edit: What would people attribute the changes in pitches in Australia too. How did they all lose their uniqueness and just become the same vanilla flavour?
I think it was the drought in large part, plus drop ins in Melbourne.

Edit: it's a shame Perm isn't around. He knows a bit about grass :ph34r:

Last edited:

Arachnodouche

International Captain
That's ok, I'm taking twisted satisfaction out of a mass of people completely missing the point. There's no ignorance like willful ignorance.
The point is that your teams come here, get humiliated more often than not, very much like India does when they go outside.The only difference is that Indian fans, at least on this board, bemoan our board's ineptitude and our players' incompetence. I don't recollect reading a single, regularly posting Indian fan here bitching about the pitches in Eng-Aus after those losses.

Last edited: