• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

BoyBrumby

Englishman
FFS.

First Morgan tries to reverse sweep a half-tracker and then Kieswetter misses a straight one. Hooooge gate for it to go through.

Buttler then, yeah?

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
why is bedwetter still in the team over davies
Davies lost form totally last year after Maynard died. No problem with him being dropped for now. Should return when he finds form again, that or use Bairstow or Buttler as keeper. Anyone but Bedwetter.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Jyoti: "Ishant (and my friends commenting here) reminds me of a classmate who, after failing in Math for the 'n'th time, defended himself by saying "Failure is the pillar of success". Our teacher asked "How many pillars do you need?""

From Cricinfo. :laugh:

Can maybe apply this to a few of the England players as well.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
How England play spin is so dependent on how they start. Slow start and losing their top three, it was never going to go well.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i just assumed they don't want to pick jos or jon as keepers yet. but i'm pretty sure a greiving davies who hates life is still better than bedwetter

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
If they're unwilling to pick Jos as a keeper this series, i'd stick Kiesy at the top for the last two games, and just tell him to go ballistic.

No point him batting at 6 when he comes into positions like he did today.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Btw, so **** from India calling up Pujara and not playing him.

Had hit a double and then a triple century back to back and Saurashtra had to play the Ranji Semi final. Will put him out of form probably if he doesn't play whole series.

Stapel

International Regular
Why don't England consider Matt Prior for ODI's? He is supposed to be a poor rotator of the strike, but even if that is so, he would be useful enough!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Btw, so **** from India calling up Pujara and not playing him.

Had hit a double and then a triple century back to back and Saurashtra had to play the Ranji Semi final. Will put him out of form probably if he doesn't play whole series.
awta

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Why don't England consider Matt Prior for ODI's? He is supposed to be a poor rotator of the strike, but even if that is so, he would be useful enough!
He's had plenty of chances and failed, tbf. I'd rather go with Buttler before going back to Prior.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Was a ripper of a ball from Ashwin to get Bresnan. Tossed it up above the batter's eyeline and it spun back a mile.

No blame attached to him or KP, but some of the other dismissals have been a little yucky.