• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
We will be subjected to a fair amount of Kohli bowling this innings.
Kohli runs in like a seamer but he's basically a spinner himself. The percentage of legitimately seam up deliveries or indeed the percentage of balls he delivered at above 115km/hr would be strikingly low. I'd probably describe him as a "slow leg cutter" bowler.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So yea, both Jadeja and Chawla definitely seemed to be picked as bowlers. Reiterate re: most idiotic selection ever.
Agreed. What is wrong with the team selection process? Jadeja is not a test quality batsman, or test quality bowler. Why in god's name do we need 4 spinners?

P.S. It looks like Dharmasena managed to do what the Indian bowlers have looked incapable of.

Spark

Global Moderator
hope India gets pasted or we would be subjected to 4 of those for the Aussie series. Just awful viewing.
Honestly, I'd probably take a minefield over this. One of the most insipid sessions of Test cricket I've seen in a long, long time.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Saying it now: this is an awful Test wicket. Awful.
Not going to blame India for that, they have just picked a result pitch as they need one. All about adjusting best to it and on what we have seen so far you would rather be in the England camp as the pacemen look more like doing something and at least England have two in their side. Ishant will be four inches shorter at the close he'll have bowled so much today.