• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

cnerd123

likes this
I'm actually surprised that he averages only 28 with the bat. Or that he has 13 test wickets (average of 40).

1 ton, 7 fifties, and still such a low average...the England tour really hurt his figures.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Gambhir was being a **** to Dhoni during the Australian ODI tri series when he said he wouldn't leave the game to the last over. Don't get out then ****.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Call him over the night before, and tell him he's coming in at five. If he doesn't like it, he can go stuff it.

What's this about choice?

Now obviously you woudn't handle it like that. He has a tremendous amount of international experience so it makes sense to get his thoughts about the situation beforehand - you wouldn't be a good manager or a leader if you didn't listen to your teammates, especially ones with a lot more experience than you. But you listen to him, and he either changes your mind (if he tries),or he doesn't. Then you make a decision and he goes wherever you tell him. In the end, as long as you have the job, you have to do what you think is best to win.

FTR, I don't really see the value in this particular change, but your primarily responsibility isn't to any one player.
Ideally, yes..but in the real world, everyone here knows it won't happen.. I don't understand why this is even being talked about..Should a player be allowed to get away with defying team decisions like this? No..but then people should have thought about this before making a demi-god out of a human.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
That's pretty standard reporting for politics in sport. Whether it should be taken seriously is another matter, but definitely not the first article to use such terms.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
About Gambhir, once again that should have been dealt with then and there..when he went public with his criticism of Dhoni 1 year back..This is the thing with indiscipline..you have to deal with it immediately. You don't and you allow it to come back and bite your right buttock off later.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
You have no idea whether Dhoni approached Gambhir and said "hey buddy, you played a good knock and all but please don't undermine me publicly when I won the team the match in the last over? Especially since I'm your captain. Cheers bro"

Arachnodouche

International Captain
A swift boot up the arse for insubordination would've been more in order, especially since he has such sway with the board president and all.

Gambhir's been a bit of a **** for some time..as far back as that Watson-elbow incident which was completely unwarranted, sledging or not.