Page 164 of 675 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174214264664 ... LastLast
Results 2,446 to 2,460 of 10122

Thread: ***Official*** England in India

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    i literally have no memory of tait's dismissal.
    Ashes 2005 - HIDDEN ASHES - Fourth Test - Trent Bridge - YouTube

Best I can find on a phone
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    Just think, if we'd bowled them out for zero we'd still be struggling

International Coach biased indian's Avatar
    when England score read 330 for 3-4 down will start worrying till that time India are still favorites for me
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
    RIP Craigos

I don't think any Englishman is confident of saving this match

Averages in the Sub-continent over six matches

Cook 43.10, with this not out included
    Trott 32.18
    Prior 32.12
    KP 31.0
    Bell 13.40

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSW
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    GF do we still have an avatar bet going on?

Also no coincidence that as soon as I fell asleep, England managed to fight back with ~200 runs for the loss of 3 wickets.
    Last edited by Daemon; 17-11-2012 at 08:51 AM.

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post

Also no coincidence that as soon as I fell asleep, England managed to fight back with ~200 runs for the loss of 3 wickets.
    Sleep for the next 2 days then.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Nah, the match is in perfect viewing hours for me. Starts at noon which ensures I can wake up late and eat breakfast while watching the first few overs of the day and dinner during the last few.

Cook though, WAG. Haven't watched the highlights but it sounds like he only gave one chance and was pretty solid. Good work from Compton as well on debut.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    helped in no small part by Aleem Dar and Co
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

International Debutant Viscount Tom's Avatar
    Cook scoring runs isn't surprising what will be surprising is if the rest of the line up manages to do so. I mean lets be fair if there was one batsman in the set up we weren't worried about scoring runs it was probably Cook.
    AT-XI
    #J.Hobbs; #L.Hutton; #D.Bradman; #V.Richards; #G.Sobers; #A.Border; #A.Gilchrist; #K.Miller; #I.Khan; #S.Warne; #M.Marshall;

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    I think Cook, KP, Prior and Samit are all good against the spinners and will come good at some point or the other during the series with big scores. Compton looks solid as well. The real worry would be Trott and Bell and whoever replaces Bell next test. But this opening partnership has been all kinds of awesome.. India have a tough first session ahead tomm and that will tell us if we can go on to win or if England will fight it out this time.
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

U19 Cricketer
    England can still save this. Cook has shown that there are no real demons....
    "In 2009 he lost his old, faded India cap, when it was stolen from a ground. He was very, very upset about it. It was dear to him and he was extremely proud to wear it."

Vijeeta Dravid on her husband Rahul, March 2012

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CWB304 View Post
    England can still save this. Cook has shown that there are no real demons....
    Bell to prove that there are demons in any pitch

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post

Balls, I didn't think you'd accepted that bet so Jono took it.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    No worries

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    Bell to prove that there are demons in any pitch
    As Geoffrey said the demons are between his ears.

I like Bell but he may as well stay at home after the birth and come back for NZ as he is no use to us doing stuff like that.

U19 Cricketer
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    As Geoffrey said the demons are between his ears.

I like Bell but he may as well stay at home after the birth and come back for NZ as he is no use to us doing stuff like that.
    It is between his ears. But he's also sadly just not good enough. Good lad. Team man. But should have been dropped long ago. What I don't understand is people who suggest he should be picked for when piechuckers come to England - so he can fill his boots and have those who cannot distinguish between base metal and gold compare him to Sanga and Clarke and Amla -, and then 'rested' for SC tours. So he doesn't have to face Ajmal et al.

This is crazy reasoning. England need in his position to have a batsman they can rely on under all conditions and in any situation. To defend, consolidate, attack, counter-attack, and fill his boots when the going is good etc. Bell is now and has throughout his Test career only ever been good for the latter - and that on specific types of track. He is a 'fill his boots when the going is good' merchant. That's it.

He doesn't have the technique to keep out the top bowlers. Nor the range of scoring shots to break the shackles when these bowlers have him under the cosh and are applying sustained pressure - whether it's quicks making him hop about or spinners deceiving him with their variation. Clarke can do those things. As can Amla, Sanga and half a dozen others with varying degrees of consistency and proficiency. Bell cannot.

In fact he's as likely whenever he faces a balanced and potent attack to surrender limply to the seamers as to the spinners, as he's proved many times in the past. He is not mentally tough enough. He doesn't have the technique. His management of risk and reward in his shot making is atrocious. None of this is likely to improve. England would likely have won that final Test and salvaged a draw in the SA series has they dropped Bell. Young Bairstow's already better than him. If the selectors continue picking him against all evidence I'll simply stop supporting England. I have no support to spare for those who won't help themselves.

Thread Information