Thread: ***Official*** Indian Domestic Thread 2012/13

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    lol, see edit

Simon Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Raina tonned up
    First Vijay and now him.

Looked so unconvincing even on this track, against a wholly ordinary attack.

Kapil Dev got to be the worst commentator out there.

Simon Champion!
    lol, see edit

Fletcher and Dawes apparently weren't too impressed with him, in recent nets and bowler's camp. Hopefully, he doesn't end up similar too Pankaj career wise.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    I'd honestly feel a lot more secure having Jaffer opening the batting instead of Gambhir. Quality player, still remember him scoring a dogged hundred in South Africa against Steyn, Pollock and Ntini when I first started watching cricket. Had a horror tour of Australia which saw him dropped which was fair enough, but compared to some of the options we have as openers, he's unfortunate to be overlooked all the time.

Vijay sceptics don't have to worry much- Jaffer and Rahane can do one up. Surely you'd have both opening for India in place of Vijay, wouldn't you?

I couldn't care less about who scores runs at six- that position should be taken by a bowler or wicketkeeper instead. My vote goes for Dhoni or Bhuvneshwar Kumar or Ashwin.

Mumbai selectors have been utterly stupid in their harsh treatment of Iqbal Abdulla- who was dropped from the squad altogether, and not recalled- because he dropped a single catch. His replacements are pee-poor.

The Indian bottom five looks wobbly if both Ojha and Sreesanth play- neither can bat at all, and it's way below international standards. Neither are exceptionally good bowlers anyway.

Ishwar Pandey is the talking point now. If he can finish a season with a hundred career wickets, an India call-up won't be far away. However, his selection as an India player as of now should be purely stop-gap as he still isn't fully ready and needs to finish 50 non-Test FC/non-ODI LA games to be considered as a prospect. Besides, the focus should be on getting Umesh, Aaron, Ishant and Irfan back into form and fitness, as that's more important- though if he's red hot in India uniforms, he may even prolong his stay.

After a long time, we're hearing Sidhu doing English commentary- he's been on the Hindi channel in the last few months.
    Last edited by Arjun; 07-02-2013 at 02:24 AM.
    "Talent is nothing without opportunity"
    "You're not remembered for aiming at the target, but hitting it"

Twenty20 used to be boring.

Sponsored...by...nothing!!!

3 Card Poker Champion!
    Yeah, Pandey looks good. Getting good bounce even on this track and his pace is up to the mid-130's in the last over as well. Mithun is as terrible as ever. Ridiculous that he made it to the team ahead of Shami Ahmed. Prediction: Sreesanth to get Sachin

I'd honestly feel a lot more secure having Jaffer opening the batting instead of Gambhir. Quality player, still remember him scoring a dogged hundred in South Africa against Steyn, Pollock and Ntini when I first started watching cricket. Had a horror tour of Australia which saw him dropped which was fair enough, but compared to some of the options we have as openers, he's unfortunate to be overlooked all the time.
    The success of the Jaffer/Karthik opening partnership in England when compared to the records of Sehwag and Gambhir there always makes smile. I'd still definitely back Gambhir ahead of Jaffer in India against Australia's bowlers though, or failing that, Rahane.
    Last edited by Prince EWS; 07-02-2013 at 02:24 AM.
    ~ Cribbage

Simon Champion!
    Said the same in the tour thread.

He certainly has class about him and has probably improved since he was last dropped too.

3 Card Poker Champion!
    He's always been a really classy player and great to watch. Don't remember why he was dropped. Wasn't it because he was getting exposed by the short ball?

Quote Originally Posted by shankar View Post
    Mithun is as terrible as ever. Ridiculous that he made it to the team ahead of Shami Ahmed.
    Exactly.

RE: Prediction: Sreesanth to get Sachin and nobody else across the match.

Quote Originally Posted by Arjun View Post
    I couldn't care less about who scores runs at six- that position should be taken by a bowler
    I think this quote really quite sums up every post you've ever made here.

It's why you'll always be frustrated by selection too; no-one agrees.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    He's always been a really classy player and great to watch. Don't remember why he was dropped. Wasn't it because he was getting exposed by the short ball?
    Gambhir was better and there was nowhere else in the XI he could slot in is my guess.

Simon Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arjun View Post
    Vijay sceptics don't have to worry much- Jaffer and Rahane can do one up. Surely you'd have both opening for India in place of Vijay, wouldn't you?
    Jaffer, yeah. Rahane i'd like to see in the Middle order though. He is too busy a player when he starts out to be a opener AFAIC. Likes to rotate strike.

Mumbai selectors have been utterly stupid in their harsh treatment of Iqbal Abdulla- who was dropped from the squad altogether, and not recalled- because he dropped a single catch. His replacements are pee-poor.
    Not their fault tbh. Chavan was out performing him. Even though Abdullah is a better bowler and has more variation, on the Wankhede pitch Chavan's darts were effective.

Then i think Abdullah got injured and Dabholkar has come up who looks somewhat ordinary too.

Mumbai have 4 decent Left arm spinners now, with Harmeet Singh there too and then there is Ramesh Powar also. Really Harmeet and Abdullah need to change teams now. Maybe even go to Maharashtra or Vidarbha.
    Last edited by Cevno; 07-02-2013 at 02:31 AM.

He was mainly getting out caught behind and lbw actually, but it was just the simple fact that after hitting a double hundred on a featherbed against Pakistan he went on to average 16 in his next seven Tests. Gambhir destroyed worlds for a while upon replacing him anyway so it was hardly a bad call.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    The success of the Jaffer/Karthik opening partnership in England when compared to the records of Sehwag and Gambhir there always makes smile. I'd still definitely back Gambhir ahead of Jaffer in India against Australia's bowlers though, or failing that, Rahane.
    Gambhir hasn't scored a ton in like 3 years, pretty sure Jaffer can top that. Besides, anyone who grows that sort of beard is always a gun in my books.
    Last edited by Daemon; 07-02-2013 at 02:33 AM.

Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread Information