• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What's the connection?

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
In a perverse way I am hoping the answer turns out to be impossible to guess.

I think we need a clue mate e.g. the question mark is throwing me for a loop. Is it from a particular game show?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Well both sets of players have the following first names, in order

Mathew/Matthew
Mark
?
John

I'm guessing the "?" is supposed to be a Mark reference.

All books of the bible? I don't really get the Test Match board game reference though.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
The Gospel according to...

Matthew, Mark and John play a boardgame, but don't invite Luke?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
The Gospel according to...

Matthew, Mark and John play a boardgame, but don't invite Luke?
I'll pay that. The connection is no Luke's in Test Cricket. Where as the other 3 gospels have had a ****load. I read somewhere that there has never been a Test Cricketer who's first name is Luke.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'll pay that. The connection is no Luke's in Test Cricket. Where as the other 3 gospels have had a ****load. I read somewhere that there has never been a Test Cricketer who's first name is Luke.
Haha that's pretty random. Just off the top of my head, Pomersbach, Woodock, Wright and Ronchi have all played international limited overs cricket recently, and Butterworth has played for Australia A. Just wasn't meant to be, although Ronchi could well play for New Zealand yet.

Mluleki Nkala must be close to counting as well, especially since his middle name is Luke and he gets called Luke by a lot of his team-mates.

Last edited:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Nice one mate. Have to say I had no idea until someone else mentioned the Matthew, Mark and John thing, then I still didn't realise it was about the lack of Lukes in test cricket!

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Next one. What's the connection between:

Shane Warne
Mike Hendrick

Last edited:

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Hint: Think of an interesting record that Warne holds, one that is not related to his bowling.

Last edited:

burr

State Vice-Captain
Hint: Think of an interesting record that Warne holds, one that is not related to his bowling.
Well Warney holds most test runs wo a century, so that other guy (not that I've ever heard of him tbh) probably holds something like most wickets without 5er.

That 366 one was brilliant.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
A pretty easy one. Complete the series:

1. Charles Bannerman
2. Billy Murdoch
3. Andy Sandham
4 _________?