• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The ATG Teams General arguing/discussing thread

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Australia

Adam Gilchrist +
Shane Watson (5)
Ricky Ponting
Mark Waugh
Andrew Symonds (5)
Mike Hussey
Steve Waugh (5)
Mitchell Starc (2)
Shane Warne (4)
Brett Lee (3)
Glenn McGrath (1)

Matthew Hayden
Dave Warner
Dean Jones
Greg Chappell
Michael Clarke
Brad Haddin +
James Faulkner
Brad Hogg
Craig McDermott
Dennis Lillee
Nathan Bracken

Red

Except for the fact that they are not as good as anyone. Seriously, COME ON.
Seriously, COME ON?

You don't think Williamson, Taylor, Crowe, Hadlee, Bond, McCullum, Vettori, Hadlee and Bond are elite one day cricketers? Why not?

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Australian XI

Adam Gilchrist +
Shane Watson (5)
Ricky Ponting*
Dean Jones
Michael Bevan (7)
Michael Hussey
Andrew Symonds (6)
Brett Lee (3)
Mitchell Starc (2)
Shane Warne (4)
Glenn McGrath (1)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
India's batting power is good, but why underestimate Williamson, Crowe and Ross Taylor, along with McCullum and Cairns in the middle order? They are as good as anyone. In addition, there are Vettori and Hadlee in the lower order, and Bond was far from the worst #11 ever.

NZ's ATG ODI XI is no pushover.

Where did I say pushover? Put it this way, in NZ, Eng or WI I expect NZ ATG to beat India ATG in ODIs over a series while in other venues I expect the Indian ATG to beat the NZ ATG over a series. I just think the batting power will push us over.

Mike5181

International Captain
Seriously, COME ON?

You don't think Williamson, Taylor, Crowe, Hadlee, Bond, McCullum, Vettori, Hadlee and Bond are elite one day cricketers? Why not?
From those names only really Bond and Hadlee are thrown in the mix for ATG discussions. Williamson I can buy now just because he's so good, but he's still got a few years before he's really in the debate.

Taylor, Crowe, and Vettori are very good players but definitely a level below the greats in their roles. Think Sachin, Richards or Murali, Warne, Mushtaq.

McCullum's definitely not an elite player though, let's be honest. He was inconsistent as ****, especially against quality bowlers.

Gob

International Coach
India's batting power is good, but why underestimate Williamson, Crowe and Ross Taylor, along with McCullum and Cairns in the middle order? They are as good as anyone. In addition, there are Vettori and Hadlee in the lower order, and Bond was far from the worst #11 ever.

NZ's ATG ODI XI is no pushover.
Except for the fact that they are not as good as anyone. Seriously, COME ON.
Yeah Red Hill is clearly wrong

Gob

International Coach
Estraya

Gilchrist
Hayden (07 version)
Ponting
Martyn
Symonds
Bevan
Watson
Warne
Lee
Starc
McGrath

harsh.ag

Is there room in ODI for two 'finishers'. Can Oz justify Bevan AND Hussey
Yeah

Australian XI

Adam Gilchrist +
Shane Watson (5)
Ricky Ponting*
Dean Jones
Michael Bevan (7)
Michael Hussey
Andrew Symonds (6)
Brett Lee (3)
Mitchell Starc (2)
Shane Warne (4)
Glenn McGrath (1)
Massively balanced, this side. Hussey can go hard when required. Symonds can come up the order if the 4th wicket falls late.

Red

From those names only really Bond and Hadlee are thrown in the mix for ATG discussions. Williamson I can buy now just because he's so good, but he's still got a few years before he's really in the debate.

Taylor, Crowe, and Vettori are very good players but definitely a level below the greats in their roles. Think Sachin, Richards or Murali, Warne, Mushtaq.

McCullum's definitely not an elite player though, let's be honest. He was inconsistent as ****, especially against quality bowlers.
My point is not that "Ross Taylor is better than Sachin". It's that New Zealand have a well balanced and potentially underrated ATG ODI XI. One that I think could easily trouble an Indian ATG XI.

harsh.ag

My point is not that "Ross Taylor is better than Sachin". It's that New Zealand have a well balanced and potentially underrated ATG ODI XI. One that I think could easily trouble an Indian ATG XI.
Yeah, and I think everyone here already acknowledges that before they begin giving out favourites tags.

Flem274*

123/5
If there was an ATG world cup you could lock NZ in for a semi-final exit. It's their schtick.

And Ross Taylor is clearly better than Flopdulkar, let's not kid ourselves here.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
IMO the ATG teams of the top 8 ODI nations could all beat one another on their day. A tournament between them all would be incredibly close.