• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the Infamous

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Not enough blind hate in Cricket Chat these days, so let's start a battle for us to vent at the players we despise the most.

I think over the past 11 years we've discussed at least 64 cricketers as contenders for the highest tier of douchebag, but I'm happy to settle for 48 and condense the thing into four rounds by starting with 3-ways.

Remember, people can be condemned for anything from match-fixing to ball-tampering to racial abuse to being a flat-track bully to not signing your kid's autograph to crediting one's success to Swisse Ultivite. Nothing is sacred.

Nominate:

1. Hansie Cronje
2. Ricky Ponting
3. Mohammad Asif
4. Salim Malik
5. Shane Warne
6. Steve Waugh
7. Harbhajan Singh
8. Douglas Jardine
9. Sourav Ganguly
10. Matthew Hayden
11. WG Grace
12. Roger Harper
13. Don Bradman
14. Roy Gilchrist
15. Kevin Pietersen
16. Johan Botha (shoutout to Brumbers)
17. Saeed Ajmal (see above)
18. Richard Hadlee

19. Sreesanth
20. Virat Kohli

21. Warwick Armstrong
22. Neil Adcock
23. Ian Healy
24. Andy Roberts
25. Mohammad Azharuddin
26. Trevor Bailey
27. Tony Greig
28. Viv Richards
29. Dennis Lillee
30. John Snow
31. Salman Butt
32. Javed Miandad

33. Ian Botham
34. Greg Chappell
35. Ian Chappell
36. Geoff Boycott
37. Andrew Symonds

38. Sunil Gavaskar
39. Shane Watson
40. Michael Clarke
41. Jacques Kallis
42. Brad Haddin
43. Colin Croft
44. Glenn McGrath
45. Adam Parore
46. Suresh Raina

47. Arjuna Ranatunga
48. Shoaib Akhtar

Last edited:

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Excellent idea, albeit one that has the potential to end badly, but off the top of my head

Douglas Jardine
Warwick Armstrong
WG Grace
Charlie Griffith
Neil Adcock
Peter Heine
Trevor Bailey
Tony Greig
Viv Richards
Sid Barnes
John Snow
Salman Butt
Javed Miandad

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Trevor Bailey?

Nominate: Anyone to play for Lancashire. Especially Glen Chapple, Warren Hegg, Mike Atherton and Ian Austin

Also Nominate: Michael Clarke, Harbhajan Singh, Suresh Raina, Adam Parore, Brett Lee

Last edited:

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Honestly, there are obvious exceptions - but it's just so boring. I could just say that I saw Dravid give me a scowl at the end of a day's play when the opposition were 500-1 and come to my own judgements about the man - but that would be unfair.

Last edited:

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Would like to start this tonight with 48. Anyone in the current list who anyone thinks should be excluded for a bigger ****?

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Let's get this under way. Votes close at 9am AEST.

Round 1

Salman Butt (Pakistan)

Crimes:

- Match/spot fixing
- Giving a scoop to News of the World without them even needing to hack his phone
- 'I think he was upset and in a shock over the captaincy issue, and, that is why he gave the statement against me. I have never indulged in any match or spot fixing, and, I never gave any instructions to Aamir to bowl the no-ball during the Lord's Test against England.' - Butt on why Afridi should feel bad instead of him

Neil Adcock (South Africa)

Crimes:

- Nearly killing Bert Sutcliffe with a bouncer, then bouncing him for the rest of the innings (full credit to Martin on a sensational piece)
- 'The most persistent sledger I have met.' - Richie Benaud, who knew his fair share of ****s

Shane 'Twatto' Watson (Australia)

Crimes:

- Perennial nancy boy of the post-Warne era
- Glass skeleton
- Beating Siddle for two consecutive Allan Border medals
- Easily spooked

Last edited: