• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Thread 2012/13

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
you defended the action once, you sick lover of illegal things (Gannon, 15yo girls, Maxwell)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Honestly can't remember doing that tbh.

Whether I defended his action or not, it'd be a massive stretch to say I was a fan of his bowling.

pup11

International Coach
Anyone knows what happened to Peter George? He had seriously good numbers for a guy who plays most of his cricket in South Australia and without doubt was a national prospect.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Has the coordination of a baby giraffe. Arms and legs everywhere, and when he's in a rhythm he can bowl well. When it's in a tangle, which can be fairly often, it's 125km/h straight pies.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anyone knows what happened to Peter George? He had seriously good numbers for a guy who plays most of his cricket in South Australia and without doubt was a national prospect.
Former Test paceman Peter George on standby to replace Chadd Sayers for SA's Shield clash with WA | News.com.au

Cricket Records | Sheffield Shield, 2012/13 - South Australia | Records | Batting and bowling averages | ESPN Cricinfo

SA's seamers have done very well this year so he has plenty of competition

pup11

International Coach
Mennie taking wickets is understandable but guys like Sayers taking that many wickets that too despite playing half his games in South Australia pretty much sums up everything that's wrong with the Australian first class cricket atm, made me cringe when I read somewhere that he could be bolter in the Ashes squad.

benchmark00

Peter George is the worst seam bowler to play for Australia in my time. And there's some stiff competition from Williams, Hastings and co.

Spikey

Well he took all his wickets at Hobart for one.

Burgey

Jesus, Victoria 8-55 vs NSW.

See? More than one Victorian in a side and it goes up the pooper.

pup11

International Coach
pup11, have you ever seen Sayers bowl?
He is basically a bowler in the Copeland-Butterworth mould (not as tall as those guys), bowls military meds and depends on the surface to do all the heavy lifting for him as a bowler.

Anyways.... game going on between Vics and The Blues at the G and another Shield batting line-up this season has been bowled out for a mediocre total within the first two sessions of the game, this despite Bushrangers having two batsmen with well over 10000 first class runs.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
havn't seen a whole to of Sandhu tbh but from what ive seen of him Sayers and Copeland it seems a pretty good indication of just how bad our batting stocks are atm and also how bowler friendly the shield wickets are, tbf they all bowl good line and length but they hardly huge swing bowlers