• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
We are kidding ourselves if we think all our batsmen are going to be making runs against New Zealand and Australia. If he is making runs come July/August there will be a spot for him.

Ashtomar

Cricket Spectator
Exactly, it's one thing making runs against the pop gun bowling attacks of Sri Lanka and India but against the Aussies it's a whole different ball game. I would rather take someone who has a proven track record against them myself. They will find a place for him if he scores county runs.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
The ideal situation here is Pietersen struggles to score runs for Surrey, averaging in the 20s, and the whole stupid thing can be put to bed.

I'm still not sure that there actually is a route back for him, it's just calling his bluff, and I suspect that had his IPL contract been much higher than base there's no way he'd have tried to get out of it.

harsh.ag

KP could easily come back as a replacement for Ian Bell if things go right for him at Surrey and wrong for Bell in the test arena. But that will require a lot of work. Wonder if KP is up for it still. I would venture he is looking for a limited overs comeback more than anything else right now.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
again a lot of ifs and buts. fanciful to think he'll replace a bloke who was comprehensively outperforming him in the test arena when they last played together.

harsh.ag

The last time they played together was the 2013-14 Ashes. KP was better. Are the memories of that series so painful that you have blocked them altogether? Bad news Lime, Trott didn't take off into the sunset to Tuscany with the love of his life, he was destroyed by Mitch ****ing Johnson.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
KP was less bad but still bad away to Australia. That's just one series. Bell had been outperforming KP for a little while.

As Micky bloody Adams (WAC) says, you're always a better player when you're not playing.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
The last time they played together was the 2013-14 Ashes. KP was better. Are the memories of that series so painful that you have blocked them altogether? Bad news Lime, Trott didn't take off into the sunset to Tuscany with the love of his life, he was destroyed by Mitch ****ing Johnson.
they were both turd in australia, as was everyone bar stokes and broad.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
bell was vastly superior throughout that year, that was my point.

i'm all for kp getting a hit in the limited overs stuff, but he ain't worthy of a test spot anymore.

harsh.ag

Agree with you. KP will need quite a few things going in is favor before he can make it back. One of Ballance, Bell, and Root majorly ****ing up for starters. Ballance is the most likely candidate for that, followed closely by Bell.

JTemperance

Cricket Spectator
Is it possible to imagine either Michael Vaughan or Alec Stewart getting the job in the 'new' role and Pietersen not returning?