• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

T20 Cricket in Future Olympics?

Bouncer

State Regular
What do you guys think about that. With T20 cricket is now short enough to be included in any future Olympics or not?

on the side note, it might become the biggest tournament for cricketing nations and since it would never be sponsored by ICC, we can finally beat India in a major competition.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
If Rugby is introduced I don't see why cricket wouldn't be. It would probably have to be T20s though, anything else would take too long. And it would work in a host country like the UK, not sure how they would do it in a non-cricket playing nation.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
More likely in the Commonwealth Games.

None of USA, USSR, most of Europe, Japan, China etc would even know what cricket is.

It's mostly a game for the colonies!

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
The ICC got itself registered with the IOC IIRC. So it can happen, i guess.. and it certainly should considering some of the other games that have been/are in the Olympics.

Initially there was a hold up about what the terms of affiliation would be as the ICC didn't want to become a normal member body.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, there was talk that Gold Coast 2018 was keen on having it included.

It was already there in 1998 Kuala Lumpur and in 2010 Delhi wanted to include it too, but it wasn't in the list of optional sports given by CGF.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Yeah, there was talk that Gold Coast 2018 was keen on having it included.

It was already there in 1998 Kuala Lumpur and in 2010 Delhi wanted to include it too, but it wasn't in the list of optional sports given by CGF.
That was such a boring tournament. Crap sluggish underprepared pitches...I don't even remember who won the thing.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
The only thing I remember from the Comm Games tourny at KL was Brad Young's hat trick.

Not a fan of Cricket at the Olympics at all.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Think it'll happen.

India, for whatever reasons, are generally pretty gash at most Olympic sports save hockey so cricket would be the easiest way to guarantee a large following in the country and I've no doubt that's a pie the organisers want to get a slice of.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!

None of USA, USSR, most of Europe, Japan, China etc would even know what cricket is.

It's mostly a game for the colonies!
How many countries outside of Europe really know what handball is?