Page 77 of 221 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127177 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 3314

Thread: *Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post
    Hah, would love seeing Lou back in the team. The current BC's are all so vanilla. Could definitely do with a healthy dose of Vincent's patented brand of bull**** to spice things up.
    Everyone who thinks we're scared of Brett Lee can shove it up their arses

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    He's averaging about 10 with the ball for Bankstown in first grade this season, and we all know Sydney first grade is a better competition than the Plunket Shield. Obviously in career best form.
    Australia to call him up for the second test against SL amidst an Australian bowler injury crisis.

You plucked half your spinners out of grade cricket for a while there iirc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    Everyone who thinks we're scared of Brett Lee can shove it up their arses

Australia to call him up for the second test against SL amidst an Australian bowler injury crisis.

You plucked half your spinners out of grade cricket for a while there iirc.
    Haha he probably would've been in the NSW squad this week if we were picking the team on merit. I don't think he'd even want to play though. ;p
    ~ Cribbage

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Haha he probably would've been in the NSW squad this week if we were picking the team on merit. I don't think he'd even want to play though. ;p
    Bat him at number three.

Waqar's best talent spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    Our squad gets announced next week btw.
    Gillespie, poor bitch. His likely omission is on Munro's conscience.

Coming up after the game on the Cricket Show, Laura chats to Adam Milne about being fast and getting fast-tracked.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Feral Abacus View Post
    Another exaggerated personality stereotype conspiracy brought to you by Kippax.
    NZ RAIN RADAR . TAB CRICKET OPTIONS . KIPPAX CRICKET . DOOR TO THE VAULT

Lou Vincent ‏@louvincent78

Just witnessed fastest spell of bowling in a long time by@Mitch_Savage today. Be great to see him pin a few poms later in the summer #145+
    One of those natural boy speedsters whose top speed really fluctuates depending on mojo it seems Mitch. "I saw him last month, low 130s', 'nah no way ****, high 140s'.

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    Great article by O'Brilliant on the NZC academy.

Guest Column : Iain O'Brien: New Zealand's young attack a product of injury crisis | Cricinfo Magazine | ESPN Cricinfo

Although, tbf, I think Sherlock was suffering from bad injuries even before he went to the academy.
    Last edited by Bahnz; 30-11-2012 at 05:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    One of those natural boy speedsters whose top speed really fluctuates depending on mojo it seems Mitch. "I saw him last month, low 130s', 'nah no way ****, high 140s'.
    Before he plays his next HRV Cup game someone needs to show him my posts from 2009.

"Woah MCCLENAGHAN 160kphPLUS!!!!111

Making my way through the quick highlights of the two games just gone to see the cool stuff.

Cachopa had a bit of luck on a very green wicket, but played some nice shots as well.

Adam Milne looks a real talent with the bat. Top order batsmen would be proud of some of his shots. His bowling was pretty ****ing gun too. Loved to ball to get de Boorder.

Wells has a gun technique.

Mathieson looks genuinely fast, and poor old de Boorder again got a good nut from him. Mathieson bowled really well in the second innings. Nice to see Cachopa is a genuine bowler as well by the looks of it.

Just watched Munro's boundaries. Has a very open stance. I was wondering if he was going to be able to play through the covers and he did, but he was relying on his talent because his feet went absolutely no where.I tell you what though, bouncing him is a waste of time. His leg side game is gun, but front foot off side batting even to my hack eye looks dodgy. Pretty good at booming it straight however. Lots of talent to be sure but at the highest level I'm not sure he will get away with it. Steve to comment.

The above is based on highlights and is likely missing half the info, so Kippax to give us the goss!

edit: Jesse's shot to get out still cracks me up. What the hell was that? Also McClenaghan's first wicket was gun. Good bye off stump.
    Last edited by Flem274*; 01-12-2012 at 05:19 AM.

State Regular
    What's up with this Cachopa guy?

Debuted 7 years ago, only has 27 FC games, and has suddenly reeled off 3 centuries this season? Purple Patch or late bloomer?

He has something like six tons in his last seven games. Tight when the ball is in his own half but dodgy against the short stuff is the gist.

No one really knows what to make of him. I think his short ball issue should be solved before he gets considered for test cricket though.

State Regular
    How has he just suddenly become amazing? Or did he have a break in between for a couple of years? Was he just crap until something click and has now become good?

Started with Auckland, wasn't anything special, disappeared for a few years then came back for Central Districts at the start of last season batting at around six and bowling first or second change, did okay, then got moved to three and started dominating.

He made his FC debut in his teens iirc.

Some of Chops' rookie season scores that I looked at: 17 (123), 9 (68), 18 (87)...it seems like even at 18 he was very much his own cat. Then he happily found the domestic team where it's long been okay to flout social cues and trends and leave people sitting eerily compelled by your pursuit of batting for hours and hours, over and over again.

Not sure how you'd even utilise this **** below. As a Richard Levi-style savant that pushes a lukewarm NcCullum/Oram/Ellis sort of player (or gun little fielding scamp Kane) out of your squads I guess.
    Munro mauls Gillespie - YouTube
    Last edited by Kippax; 01-12-2012 at 01:22 PM.

International Vice-Captain
    They lived in oz for 3 years,i guess following Jeff Crowes Logic,altho heard their parents move to oz.

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    Like what I've seen of Josh Brodie so far this season. Looks really elegant and correct. Being a lefty is useful too.

Thread Information