• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

Howsie

International Captain
****, Ronchi is scoring some runs.

Why are Wellington playing Boam if they're going to bat him behind Woakes? Surely Houghton makes a lot more sense.

Blain

U19 Captain
Yeah looks pretty dumb to me. Boam is a top/middle order batter and part time seamer, not first string bowler, lower/middle order batter.

Another Hundred to Cachopa, starting to like this guy.. Looks to be a handy bowler also. I wouldnt want him going to South Africa, but if he can get his first class average above 40 and get some OD runs before England come, he could be a chance. Our middle order is starting to build up a bit of depth with him, Brownlie, Flynn, Franklin and soon to be Ryder looking for spots.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Yeah looks pretty dumb to me. Boam is a top/middle order batter and part time seamer, not first string bowler, lower/middle order batter.

Another Hundred to Cachopa, starting to like this guy.. Looks to be a handy bowler also. I wouldnt want him going to South Africa, but if he can get his first class average above 40 and get some OD runs before England come, he could be a chance. Our middle order is starting to build up a bit of depth with him, Brownlie, Flynn, Franklin and soon to be Ryder looking for spots.
He can GAGF. Hopeless, shoulder slumped, ground kicking tosser.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
If you're going to pick a guy, pick him while he's in form - not 12 months down the track when it cools off a bit. He may well not be ready but he's more ready to warm the bench and be in the environment than Nicol is. The short ball issue - if there is one - can be worked on.

Blain

U19 Captain
Whats the point of picking him if he is going to sit on the bench and go cold anyway? He still hasnt even hit 1500 runs yet, he needs to build his experience up before being thrown in the losing culture of the Blackcaps. England are coming in Feb, it isn't far away.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Better to have Bracewell, Boult, Southee and Wagner bowling short balls at him in the nets then some dibbly dobblies.

He's not going to go though, I think Brownlie has earned his recall.

Flem274*

123/5
Better to have Bracewell, Boult, Southee and Wagner bowling short balls at him in the nets then some dibbly dobblies.

He's not going to go though, I think Brownlie has earned his recall.
he's got wheeler, milne and mathieson tbf

edit: we should ask England if they want to bring the Lions down when they tour. England are pretty keen on their A programme and while we're not a huge drawcard for A series, experience is experience for their lads. Would be good for us to have a look at how a few players either handle a step up from the Shield or how much they've improved since we saw them last.

The last series was a pretty good contest. Pretty sure in the final game we played the fastest attack we could field on a whim and Mitch M and Te Ahu Davis went ballistic. I wonder where Davis is now.

Last edited:

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Whats the point of picking him if he is going to sit on the bench and go cold anyway? He still hasnt even hit 1500 runs yet, he needs to build his experience up before being thrown in the losing culture of the Blackcaps. England are coming in Feb, it isn't far away.
A) There's a 3-day match against an SA XI B) He faces Test quality batsmen in open wicket and net situations C) The duration of the SA tour is only HRV Cup back here, which isn't going to fast-track his progress.

Then he can come back in February and England play NZ A in late Feb in a four-dayer, and there's an A tour to England next winter.

But yeah, Brownlie is a better pick given his handling of pace and the short ball which is the main threat in SA.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm gonna have a guess that seeing there's the absolutely nonsensicle number of wides in a four-day scenario (21) that it's swinging a fair bit and yeah, maybe green seeing it's the first match of the summer at McLean Park (I think).

Which would obviously look even better for Cachopa, albeit it against a fairly innocuous attack.

Flem274*

123/5
if it was green it must have flattened out quickly. nethula and milne are scoring a few runs. don't know how much luck they've had but still..

Slippaah

U19 12th Man
Exactly Slippaah, I was gob-smacked to see that it was the same guy-and that he's still so bloody young! I know 18 is a bit young for "A" cricket, let alone FC, but...he has full international experience and a lot of it abroad, so I don't think he'd be fazed in the slightest.
Over in Auckland City and bumped into my cricket oracle. This lad is HB at his boarding school in 2012 , and has been off the scene cos he put his leadership duties first so unavailable for selection for International Cricket this year .His school are defending national school ( Gillette Cup) champions here but has recently picked up a knee injury and cannot play at Lincoln early next month.Disappointing as the lad is Captain this year and has won national school titles in 2009 ( NZCT Juniors) and in 2010 and 2011(Gillette Cup).