• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
He's pretty damn good, but I play in the same division as him and the standard isn't great frankly, HBHS development is a bunch of out-of-their depth 15 year olds usually and Cambridge struggled to put together a side this year. A ton against boys high 1st XI is impressive though, they've almost got a monopoly on cricketers in the Hamilton area. The ****s.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Will Williams, Handled The Ball - YouTube

Just didn't know the rule he says. :laugh:

Cricket: Tame ending as Otago chooses to play it safe | Otago Daily Times Online News : Otago, South Island, New Zealand & International News

With seven batsmen back in the dressing room and 50 runs still required, the home side ran out of conviction.

It was a disappointing finish to a game which promised drama to the end but Otago coach Vaughn Johnson was unapologetic.

"I had a debutant and 18-year-old left to bat and I didn't think we had the firepower at that stage to bring it home," Johnson said.

"I thought we played a lot of cricket in this game and I didn't want to lose the game.

"We gave it a decent crack until we were seven down and decided that was it."
But...it was Canterbury though, who won't be in title contention. Should always go for the win against the likely cellar dweller until you're all out tbh.

Slippaah

U19 12th Man
He's pretty damn good, but I play in the same division as him and the standard isn't great frankly, HBHS development is a bunch of out-of-their depth 15 year olds usually and Cambridge struggled to put together a side this year. A ton against boys high 1st XI is impressive though, they've almost got a monopoly on cricketers in the Hamilton area. The ****s.

Heard that Auckland strolled away with the title in the National U 18's in January . And Auckland Schools thumped Canterbury and Hamilton Schools in the Frank Grattan Cup in March. The Auckland U 18 openers chased down CD's respectable 135 odd in a 20/20 fixture at Lincoln in January in only 11 overs.Auckland must have some decent lads in this age bracket.N Z relies increasingly on major cricket schools to coach,package and deliver.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yep, they did it again.

Watch for Jesse to get that uppercut he was using against Mathieson in Napier out against Mitch, 50m sixes just too tempting.

Last edited:

Howsie

International Captain
Bar Ryder and Tait this Wellington team is terrible, probably even worse than that if I'm being honest. Going by the size of the crowd I guess not too many people have been fooled by the "all star" campaign :laugh: