• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

Mike5181

International Captain
Quite a few of the players we want to perform are doing just that this round. Flynn, Broom, Anderson, and Neesham are playing well so far. I'd like to see Young make something of this start as well.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Anderson actually went right down in my estimations as strange as it sounds. A bit like a prize carrot at a small farming town's school fete, once you put the impressive monsterism and early maturation factor aside, it's actually worse than a regular one for taste. Plays about 50 false and provincial shots, dropped chances, Butler beats him numerous times, dicey against spin as usual and yet Corey's still a brilliant prodigy rather than a handy Plunket player in a Munro or CdG way, I don't really buy it.

Last edited:

Mike5181

International Captain
CDG was more than handy at Plunket Shield level last season. Hasn't had the greatest start this season though.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Anderson actually went right down in my estimations as strange as it sounds. A bit like a prize carrot at a small farming town's school fete, once you put the impressive monsterism and early maturation factor aside, it's actually worse than a regular one for taste. Plays about 50 false and provincial shots, dropped chances, Butler beats him numerous times, dicey against spin as usual and yet Corey's still a brilliant prodigy rather than a handy Plunket player in a Munro or CdG way, I don't really buy it.
Nothing like a good play-and-miss merchant :happy:

Put him down for that number 6 spot... along with Flynn, Franklin, Vettori, Brownlie, Broom, Watling, Neesham and Munro

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Quite a few of the players we want to perform are doing just that this round. Flynn, Broom, Anderson, and Neesham are playing well so far. I'd like to see Young make something of this start as well.
One I wanted to see perform but hasn't is Bracewell (with the ball). Am getting a feeling that after his great start for NZ he's going to struggle to back up this season, with a risk he could revert to an average third seamer who takes wickets at 40ish. Predicting he will score some useful runs for NZ this summer but his first job is bowling.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm seeing some tenuous lobbying for Nethula and ****kins recalls here. Manu ain't get no respect!

Slippaah

U19 12th Man
Gillette Cup is early December at Lincoln, probably won't be a release though until all finalists have been found. Hutt Valley High for Wgtn, King's for Auckland, Chch Boys High are in. Official site was actually quite good to it last year after they brought the tournament to Lincoln
New Zealand Cricket - Follow Gillette Cup live on blackcaps.co.nz

Henry Nicholls was the most recent young cricketer to Lord's, Tim Johnston before that in 2010.
Henry Nicholls - 2012 Young Cricketers - MCC Young Cricketers - MCC - Lord's
Tim Johnston - 2010 Player Profiles - MCC Young Cricketers - MCC - Lord's
Thanks. Thats helpful.

Have now heard that it is the usual suspects in the Gillette - CBHS, PNBHS, OBHS with St. Peters of Cambridge , Kings College and HVHS . OBHS are rated this year.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Thanks. Thats helpful.

Have now heard that it is the usual suspects in the Gillette - CBHS, PNBHS, OBHS with St. Peters of Cambridge , Kings College and HVHS . OBHS are rated this year.
Any Hamiltonians online. My memory that I want someone to verify for me - is that they play out of the village square in the centre of downtown cambridge.

Not sure whether to root for them or the locals HVHS

Love the gillette cup. Some memorable games against Hamilton boys high school when I was growing up.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Wellington vs Canterbury in 20/20 on tv tonight, any point watching this game from a NZ point of view?

Both team are pretty horrible.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Really fancied watching Mitch's 2nd innings effort..apparently a fair bit of heat behind it - 150 or close by those in the cordon. But NZC has let me down

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Wellington vs Canterbury in 20/20 on tv tonight, any point watching this game from a NZ point of view?

Both team are pretty horrible.
Well, not over the Gabba test. But you know Ryder will be worth watching against that attack, even if you're hoping for a flop.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm really not sure if that's serious or not..I may have missed that the highlights were already up though.

Kruger completely done for pace in 2nd dig, pretty awful dismissal for a Test player

Last edited: