• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How good is Sanga?

• Total voters

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
You hightlighted two spelling mistakes in a very average post? Unless you actually thought I was correct (might be the first time that's ever happend on this forum) in which case I withdraw my remarks and apologise unreservedly. You are clearly and enlightend poster who should stick around permenantly :ph34r:
Don't feed the old miserable trolls. :p

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Amusing that you of all people would accuse someone else of being miserable. Not entirely sure who you're accusing of being old either.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tendulkar fans really are embarrasing. He was obviously one of the best ever, a genius but to pretend he was loads better than Ricky Ponting is a joke. Ponting also captained his team which for many players negatively effects their average (including Tendulkar), a job Tendulkar wasn't good enought to do for his team.
You hightlighted two spelling mistakes in a very average post? Unless you actually thought I was correct (might be the first time that's ever happend on this forum) in which case I withdraw my remarks and apologise unreservedly. You are clearly and enlightend poster who should stick around permenantly :ph34r:
For completion's sake, let me add the third mistake :p

viriya

International Captain
Fastest to 12000 by a big margin.. just an eventuality considering he was the fastest to 8000, 9000, 10000 and 11000 too.

Wonder whether he will hang around long enough to get to 13000.. imo he "should" get past Ponting before he retires 2015 might be the last we see of him unfortunately.

Last edited:

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Kinda disappointed with his performance in NZ, didn't actually see any footage though. Just missed out on being the 7th (I think) batsman to score more than 1500 runs in a year.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Does one of you stats nerds with a proper database and engine want to figure out what his actual average against left arm pace bowlers is?

Gob

International Coach
man those 12 people who voted for sangakkara must have been smoking marijuana while they were voting.Kumar is great and all but its sachin mother****ing tendulkar who played for twenty something years,faced up to imran,warne and steyn and scored pretty much anywhere he wanted and I'd say no one ever really figured out a flaw in his game.i mean you don't need stats just watch the guy bat in the 90's on youtube.bloke was something else and sanga can't hold a candle to that averaging 60 or not.

GGG

State Captain
Kinda disappointed with his performance in NZ, didn't actually see any footage though. Just missed out on being the 7th (I think) batsman to score more than 1500 runs in a year.
He hasn't done very well against us for a while, since Boult and Southee have been our spearheads.

KC Sangakkara c McCullum b Boult 5 in Sri Lanka
KC Sangakkara c Boult b Southee 0 in Sri Lanka
KC Sangakkara b Bracewell 16 in Sri Lanka
KC Sangakkara c Southee b Boult 6 in New Zealand
KC Sangakkara c †Watling b Boult 1 in New Zealand
KC Sangakkara 33*

jonbrooks

International Debutant
Cricket is more than just a game about statistics. Sangakkara's stats look superb and he is a superb player, but I still have many of his contemporaries ahead of him. In fact I don't even think he's the best batsman in the SL team of recent times. I have Jayawardene ahead of him.

My top 10 batsmen in the last two decades:

1) Lara
2) Kallis
3) Tendulkar
4) Ponting
5) Dravid
6) Jayawardene
7) Sangakarra
8) Chanderpaul
9) Amla
10) Hayden

Amla could make it further up my top 10 list as he's still got a lot of cricket to play.