• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Draft League - The Reserves

Agent TBY

International Captain
Wasim Akram
Shane Warne

I'm really interested in seeing how this round and the next go.

Last edited:

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
Round 3 Draft Order (Reverses for Round 4)

1.Marcuss
2.Cabinet96
3.rvd619323
4.8ankitj
5.morgieb
6.Camo999
7.Agent TBY
8.Michaelf7777777

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I'll take Imran Khan for my second round pick

Charter 77 So Far

Imran Khan (*)
Richard Hadlee
I had my master plan centered around getting Khan next.

IMO you picked Hadlee and Khan a round too early, respectively. Going to struggle to find another bowler who can effectively bat above Khan, assuming you use your wildcard for the #11 slot. Khan at 9 is far too low.

Agent TBY

International Captain
I was actually going for the exact same tactic, haha. Looks like a bunch of us had the same idea going in. :laugh:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I think its been a case of 'use the wildcard early; get the all rounder' as the tactic.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
This is tricky. I'll take Alan Davidson.

----

10. Alan Davidson
11. Muttiah Muralitharan

Last edited:

Agent TBY

International Captain
Picks so far

Round 1:
8ankitj - Muttiah Muralitharin
Marcuss - Malcolm Marshall
Cabinet96 - Glenn McGrath
Michaelf7777777 - Richard Hadlee
Agent TBY - Shane Warne
morgieb - Curtley Ambrose
rvd619323 - Bill O'Reilly
Camo999 - Sydney Barnes

Round 2:
Camo999 - Dennis Lillee
rvd619323 - Joel Garner
morgieb - Fred Trueman
Agent TBY - Wasim Akram
Michaelf7777777 - Imran Khan
Cabinet96 - Allan Donald
Marcuss - Michael Holding
8ankitj - Alan Davidson

Round 3
Marcuss
Cabinet96
rvd619323
8ankitj
morgieb
Camo999
Agent TBY
Michaelf7777777

Round 4
Michaelf7777777
Agent TBY
Camo999
morgieb
8ankitj
rvd619323
Cabinet96
Marcuss

Jager

International Debutant
For next time, I think there needs to be restrictions on the player pool - I think in this draft, people will be able to have an entire team of absolutely certain all-time greats, so it will be hard to distinguish between the merits of teams

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
The big question is who will have the itchy trigger finger, and decide that Bradman can bat at 7 or 8? :)

Valer

First Class Debutant
For next time, I think there needs to be restrictions on the player pool - I think in this draft, people will be able to have an entire team of absolutely certain all-time greats, so it will be hard to distinguish between the merits of teams
8 player open drafts still get thin. The reason the teams look so strong is you've only had ~1/2 the bowling picks & people are trying to pick up an AR early.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
I had to choose between Pollock and Davidson last round. I thought why not aim for both?