Page 4 of 220 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: CW Draft League

Why am I always last. Second straight draft picking last and can't get one the truely elite players
    Aus. XI
    Simpson^ | Hayden | Bradman | Chappell^ | Ponting | Border* | Gilchrist+ | Davidson3 | Warne4^ | Lillee1 | McGrath2

W.I. XI
    Greenidge | Hunte | Richards^ | Headley* | Lara^ | Sobers5^ | Walcott+ | Marshall1 | Ambrose2 | Holding3 | Garner4

S.A. XI
    Richards^ | Smith*^ | Amla | Pollock | Kallis5^ | Nourse | Waite+ | Procter3 | Steyn1 | Tayfield4 | Donald2

Eng. XI
    Hobbs | Hutton*^ | Hammond^ | Compton | Barrington | Botham5^ | Knott | Trueman1 | Laker4 | Larwood2 | Barnes3

Also back to my point of if Bradman isn't here that Sobers would be the automatic first pick, still is predictable and doesnt call for skill.
    Edit: Thought we were going to finish the existing draft before starring this one.
    Last edited by kyear2; 30-06-2012 at 06:20 AM.

Dan
    Global Moderator / Cricket Web Staff Member Dan's Avatar
    A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse
    Hold off on starting it Jager, we've got three drafts running to start with - ATG, ATG ODI and the Auction Draft.

ATG is ending soon, so maybe start once that ends.

Definitely use a separate thread for the 'Reserve' Drafts. I'll run it if you'd like
    My sworn enemy:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    I hate s smith.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    I give out points for style of which Steve(n) Smith has none.

Alright, from this moment this draft is ON STANDBY until Monk's ATG Quick draft is finished.

The order will remain the same, although kingkallis may need to re-pick depending on whether Sobers is included or not.

Quote Originally Posted by kyear2 View Post
    Also back to my point of if Bradman isn't here that Sobers would be the automatic first pick, still is predictable and doesnt call for skill.
    Edit: Thought we were going to finish the existing draft before starring this one.
    Agreed here, but I thought the general consensus would be to keep Sobers in. If the majority of people want Sobers taboo, he will become taboo.

Quote Originally Posted by rvd619323 View Post
    Hold off on starting it Jager, we've got three drafts running to start with - ATG, ATG ODI and the Auction Draft.

ATG is ending soon, so maybe start once that ends.

Definitely use a separate thread for the 'Reserve' Drafts. I'll run it if you'd like
    That'd be great, I am running the ODI draft, the Draft League and some of the ATG world XI's game, so that would help a lot. I think you should hold out on starting it until Monk is done though, for obvious reasons.
    Oh for a strong arm and a walking stick

My point was why make anyone taboo. He played a test cricket so he should be included.
    If you make Sobers taboo then Marshall or Imran goes first. There will always be a consensus.

Quote Originally Posted by kyear2 View Post
    My point was why make anyone taboo. He played a test cricket so he should be included.
    If you make Sobers taboo then Marshall or Imran goes first. There will always be a consensus.
    Well I think Sobers should stay, after considering it. You get a genuinely unfair advantage if you get Bradman. Sobers, despite being a superhero all-rounder, does not automatically make your lineup stand out from the rest. I'd say probably because he is a fifth bowling option, instead of Miller, Imran, Botham etc. who can genuinely be used to open the bowling at ATG level. If you get Bradman, you will likely still get another two ATG bats to make your lineup by far the best.

Tournaments Won: 1
    Yeah Sobers should be kept in. Kallis, Khan etc all right up there with him anyway.
    @CowsCorner - 202 followers and counting!

Disclaimer: I am a biased South African. Anything I say is likely to have something in it that ultimately favours the Proteas.

Sorry for the delay folks. Imran Khan
    "I will go down as Darren Sammy, the one who always smiles" - Darren Sammy

International Vice-Captain Monk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    Well I think Sobers should stay, after considering it. You get a genuinely unfair advantage if you get Bradman. Sobers, despite being a superhero all-rounder, does not automatically make your lineup stand out from the rest. I'd say probably because he is a fifth bowling option, instead of Miller, Imran, Botham etc. who can genuinely be used to open the bowling at ATG level. If you get Bradman, you will likely still get another two ATG bats to make your lineup by far the best.
    I agree. Bradman is so ridiculously good it's absurd. Considering great batsmen like Ponting, Tendulkar and Viv all average around 50, and would be considered in many ATG World XIs, the fact that Bradman averages 100 seems crazy.

And on Sobers, if I had first selection, I'd probably take him, but I'd also consider Imran, Viv and Warne strongly, for various reasons.

However, if Bradman is included, I take him, no doubt. He is two excellent batsmen in one, giving me massive flexibility to be creative with all-rounders at #6, 7 and 8.

Eds
    Reckon we should continue this. If this is effectively a series of drafts, it's going to take a very long time. I'm sure those in both drafts won't get confused, anyway.
    "If that Swann lad is the future of spin bowling in this country, then we're ****ed." - Nasser Hussain, 1997.

International Captain kingkallis's Avatar
    Why would you HOLD something amazing like this? Other 2 drafts are QUICKIES and will be over in no time so lets continue with this...
    CricZo XI - Draft League

Season 1 M Hayden, G Gooch, R Dravid, W Hammond, K Pietersen, G Sobers, R Marsh (wk), R Benaud (c), D Steyn, W Hall, N Adcock

Season 2 J Hobbs, B Richards, D Boon, H Taylor, C Lloyd (c), A Stewart (wk), T Goddard, A Davidson, H Tayfield, C Ambrose, H Griffith

Season 3 H Sutcliffe, M Hayden, I Chappell (c), G Pollock, A Faulkner, M Hussey, D Lindsay (wk), I Botham, A Kumble, M Marshall, D Lillee

International Vice-Captain Monk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kingkallis View Post
    Why would you HOLD something amazing like this? Other 2 drafts are QUICKIES and will be over in no time so lets continue with this...
    The ATG test draft should be over very soon.

I'm keen as to get on board with this, so I'll keep track of what happens!

International Captain kingkallis's Avatar
    Perfect!
    Last edited by kingkallis; 30-06-2012 at 05:37 PM.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPrez View Post
    Yeah Sobers should be kept in. Kallis, Khan etc all right up there with him anyway.
    No, they're not.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by marc71178 View Post
    No, they're not.
    awta.

No one is up there with Sobers, only Bradman and that is as a batsman alone. Warne is just in that level below, and for me followed by Marshall. Hobbs and Richards.
    Last edited by kyear2; 30-06-2012 at 08:11 PM.

Page 4 of 220 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread Information