• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Draft League

Eds

International Debutant
Would love to do something a bit more original, having competed in numerous Sheep Drafts in the past. And I know we don't have a lack of ideas floating around either, so that's not a problem.

Your call though, of course.

Jager

International Debutant
Sure, I'm open for whatever :D somewhere along the line I plan on doing one of these, so unless something really catches mine/everyone else's attention we might as well do this format. I know we've discussed ideas through VM so we might as well discuss them here so that everyone can have their say. So what ideas do we have?

Eds

International Debutant
My three ideas;
- Peak Draft: you select a player at a specific date. How long or good his career was has no relevance to this, but how good he was at this specific date does.
- Themed Draft: a straight draft where each team must develop a theme to their XI, be that all the players from the same country, played for the same county, played in the same era, or whatever. The criteria would be for Jager to decide.
- Era Draft: can only select one player in the pre-1909 era, only one player in the 1910-1919 era, one in the 1920-1929 era, etc.

I'd like to think they'd all throw up some very different teams.

kingkallis

International Coach
But theme draft will have serious limitations as well. Everyone will want to play as Australia or West Indies or England... but still its a great idea!

Himannv

International Coach
My three ideas;
- Peak Draft: you select a player at a specific date. How long or good his career was has no relevance to this, but how good he was at this specific date does.
- Themed Draft: a straight draft where each team must develop a theme to their XI, be that all the players from the same country, played for the same county, played in the same era, or whatever. The criteria would be for Jager to decide.
- Era Draft: can only select one player in the pre-1909 era, only one player in the 1910-1919 era, one in the 1920-1929 era, etc.

I'd like to think they'd all throw up some very different teams.
We've done an era draft before but I'm keen on trying out the other two ideas there, especially the theme draft.

Jager

International Debutant
My problem with theme drafts is that they will be very hard to vote for properly and seriously, so basically there would be no point of a points system because it'd be less of a test of drafting skills

I am pretty keen on sheep draft this round since I've already posted the rules, then after that we try new things - personally I like the idea of the peak/era drafts a lot!

Jager

International Debutant
Happy to do a pointless Theme Draft here FTR/run it for everyone in another thread - think it'd be fun too

*when I say pointless, I mean not for championship points

Last edited:

Eds

International Debutant
I think an Era Draft would be best IMO. Although, we wouldn't be scraping the barrel. Maybe we should think of some ideas that limit the pool somewhat?

The most fun drafts are those you can plan ahead for, those within which you get annoyed when your picks get taken, those where the best players are always taken first and you work your way down the ladder. Sheep Drafts are a bit difficult to do that.

Jager

International Debutant
Tbh I think the sheep draft is all about planning, and he fact it will limit the pool is what I like :p

Will run a theme draft in another thread if people want me to, like I said, but don't like it being for points/to determine the best drafter

My plans ATM:
Season 2: Voodoo
Season 3: Peak
Season 4: Era

Each draft's only going to take a few weeks regardless so we don't need to stress about it :)