• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Draft League

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
If I chose to use the dismessed by/of clause now, shold it be based off a) Bedi, b) Chanderpaul, c) My choice
Not that I particularly care which way you go, but I think it should be Chanderpaul...

Here's the original clause....

Marcuss - Must have been dismissed by or dismissed the player picked before you.
And Chanderpaul was the player picked before you.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
By before I meant in the draft order, not chronologically.
Fair enough. I'm being pedantic here, but what about if in the last round someone has that clause left and the person before them in the draft order times out, then your time runs out so you can't pick?

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Let's say Michael times out here and I want to use the clause, I also have to use Bedi. If Michael comes back after I've picked from that clause using Bedi, he still picks from Bedi.

watson

Banned
Fair enough. I'm being pedantic here, but what about if in the last round someone has that clause left and the person before them in the draft order times out, then your time runs out so you can't pick?
I was going to say Bedi because it seems farer to pick according to the official order because everyone else has to.

In the case where 'your time runs out' because the player before you still hasn't responded in > 24 hours, then that would be a special case where you are allowed to pick according to the last player listed on the official order.

I think that's pretty fair and obvious IMO. Suffice to say, these issues wouldn't come-up if everyone posted on time or got Jager to post for them in their absence.

Incidently, I know exactly who I'd pick from Bedi's list of dismissals if I were Michael. Go for it Michael. Should take no more than 60 secs to decide.

http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerDismissBowl.asp?PlayerID=0161

Last edited:

watson

Banned
If worst comes to worst in that situation you could always chill out and wait
It's not everyone's responsibility to chill-out but it is their responsibility to follow the guidelines.

That is, to make sure that their player is nominated within 12 hours, or whatever the time limit happens to be. Don't care much whether it's 12 or 24 hours tbh.

Or to use a parallel example. Last week I had to endure a loud and annoying mobile phone conversation on a crowed train. It wasn't my responsibility to chill-out and accept it. It was the responsibility of the individual to keep their call to a quiet minimum without boring 75 other people with stories about how much he could drink and not vomit etc etc blah blah blah

Last edited:

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
Gordon Greenidge (Dismissed by Previous Player (Bedi)) for my next selction please

Charter 77 So Far

Gordon Greenidge
Everton Weekes
Frank Worrell (*)
Billy Murdoch (+)
Shaun Pollock
Amar Singh
Waqar Younis
Muttiah Muralitharin
Brian Statham