• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Draft League

kingkallis

International Coach
Ken Barrington ( legspin )

CricZo XI

1. Jack Hobbs /
3. Ken Barrington /
6. Garry Sobers / o
9. Dennis Lillee o
10. Micheal Holding o

Clauses used : 01, 06, 08, 10, 11 ( As per Watto's list )

watson

Banned
I was confused between 2-3 players. Wish I was not 1st this round!
Yes it's starting to get more complicated.

I'm torn between;

1. Selecting inferior players from tougher Clauses, but finishing strongly with some easier Clauses that have a broad range of players.

AND

2. Selecting superior players from easier Clauses, but getting into potential strife in the last 2-3 rounds because the good players have already been poached

I know the player I would like for my next pick, but he's not necessarily the player I should pick because I might be vulnerable later on.

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
Frank Worrell (Captained against a great Australian captain) for my next selection please

Charter 77 So Far

Frank Worrell (*)
Amar Singh
Waqar Younis
Muttiah Muralitharin
Brian Statham

kingkallis

International Coach

I'm torn between;

1. Selecting inferior players from tougher Clauses, but finishing strongly with some easier Clauses that have a broad range of players.

AND

2. Selecting superior players from easier Clauses, but getting into potential strife in the last 2-3 rounds because the good players have already been poached

I know the player I would like for my next pick, but he's not necessarily the player I should pick because I might be vulnerable later on.
This!

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Frank Worrell (Captained against a great Australian captain) for my next selection please.
Dammit, I was just going to pick Worrell. Using the same clause, since options are wearing thin, Peter May.

I've got my next two picks mapped out as well. Will be devastated if they get stolen, TBH.

3. George Headley (Immigrant)
4. Kumar Sangakkara (Country Blackout)
5. Peter May (Captaincy)
8. Hedley Verity (Merchant)
10. Dale Steyn (9th Wicket)

Last edited:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member

I'm torn between;

AND

There's a simple solution - find superior players from tough clauses :p

watson

Banned
R5
KK - Ken Barrington (Leg-spinner)
Michael - Frank Worrell (Captained Against)
Howe - Fred Trueman (Dismissed)
Kyear - Ricky Ponting (Fredfertang)
Dan - Peter May (Captained Against)
Himannv - Neil Harvey (Teenager)
Watson - Ray Lindwall (Lords)
Blakus - Rohan Kanhai (Captained against)
Jager -
Marcuss -
Monk -

??Himannv

Last edited:

watson

Banned
My favourite fast-bowler still available, but not the fast-bowler I should pick. But what the heck.......

Ray Lindwall via the Lords Board Clause (5/70 in 1948)

04. Brian Lara
05. Vijay Hazare
07. Imran Khan
08. Ray Lindwall
09. Jackie Hendriks

Last edited:

Blakus

State Vice-Captain
Rohan Kanhai captained against Ian Chappel a few times late in his career

3.Rohan Kanhai
4.Graeme Pollock
5.Kieth Miller
7.Matt Prior
8.Richard Hadlee

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Rohan Kanhai captained against Ian Chappel a few times late in his career

3.Rohan Kanhai
4.Graeme Pollock
5.Kieth Miller
7.Matt Prior
8.Richard Hadlee
**** a brick. That just completely ****ed up everything I was going to do. ****! :laugh: