• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Draft League

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I just want clarification that with there only being 11 clauses we're only having 11 rounds?

Jarquis

Archie Jackson (Highest score on debut)

If I now find out there are 12 rounds and the final one has no restrictions, I'll kill somebody.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Archie Jackson (Highest score on debut)

If I now find out there are 12 rounds and the final one has no restrictions, I'll kill somebody.
Nah, there should only be 11 rounds here.

And damn you for taking Jackson! I knew his high score was in his debut, and I was waiting to take him!

Jarquis

Best of luck to everyone else with the clause. Am very interested as to who gets taken as I was able to find a grand total of 3 reasonable players :p

Red

Best of luck to everyone else with the clause. Am very interested as to who gets taken as I was able to find a grand total of 3 reasonable players :p
I can't actually work out a way to find this easily. Is there one?

Blakus

State Vice-Captain
Yeah It's certainly one of the toughest clauses. I have a clear strategy with it though but it involves a fair bit of risk. Archie Jackson was the best player I could find with it so good choice

Jarquis

I can't actually work out a way to find this easily. Is there one?
Nope.
I first looked at highest scores on debut and cross referenced with career HSs.
All-round records | Test matches | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPN Cricinfo
My thinking was that any batsman/allrounder worth his salt would've scored a ton at some point.

For bowlers
I looked at the lowest highest scores and then for any player that I deemed reasonable, checked it against their debut.
5 Test limit was because the number of notable cricketers who played 1-5 Tests can basically be counted on one finger, and nope, his highest score wasn't on debut.

Last edited:

Red

Nope.
I first looked at highest scores on debut and cross referenced with career HSs.
My thinking was that any batsman/allrounder worth his salt would've scored a ton at some point.

For bowlers
I looked at the lowest highest scores and then for any player that I deemed reasonable, checked it against their debut.
5 Test limit was because the number of notable cricketers who played 1-5 Tests can basically be counted on one finger, and nope, his highest score wasn't on debut.
Cheers!

Red

Changed my post, Himmanv was right about Blakus needing to re-pick...

Last edited:

Red

Not sure when Jager will be on next....

R1
watson - Imran Khan (Teenager debut)
KK - Sir Garfield Sobers (Teenager debut)
Marcuss - Wasim Akram (9th wicket partnership)
Blakus - Sir Richard Hadlee (Team Blackout)
Himannv - Sydney Barnes (Fredfertang article)
Monk - Wally Hammond (Vijay Merchant)
Dan - George Headley (Illegal immigrant)
Howe - Len Hutton (Vijay Merchant)
Jager - Shane Warne (Leg spin clause)
Michael - Muttiah Muralitharan (Team Blackout)
kyear2 - Malcolm Marshall (Lords)

R2
Kyear - Sachin Tendulkar (Teenager)
Michael - Waqar Younis (Teenager)
Jager - Glenn McGrath (Dismissed)
Howe- Courtney Walsh (captained against)
Dan- Dale Steyn- (100 run 9th wicket)
Monk- Clarrie Grimmett (illegal immigrant)
Himannv- Bill O'Reilly (leg spin clause)
Blakus- Keith Miller (fredfertang clause)
Marcuss- Archie Jackson (high score on debut)
KK
Watson

Blakus got mixed up, so he could either

- take Hobbs under another clause (def available under other clauses)
or
- select another player (but not Archie Jackson)

But if Blakus chooses to select another player, it only seems fair to me that Marcuss should be able to re-select in order to take Hobbs (if he wishes to do so).

Last edited:

Blakus

State Vice-Captain
So I did. Might change my pick in that case. I'll take Kieth Miller Who takes up most of this article by Fredfertang.