• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Draft League

kingkallis

International Coach
True Watto. I always go for 2 all-rounders as I am 'NEVER' confident or comfortable with just 4 complete bowlers. 2 all-rounders means I get an additional bowler as well.

About batting, I usually mix things when it comes to aggression. Hayden gives me the aggressive opener I need to partner with my champs I usually pick like Hutton or in this case, Sutcliffe.

Himannv

International Coach
I've noticed that as a general rule....

Himannv's teams seem to be blend of defensive batsman and attacking bowlers.

Kingkallis' teams tend to be attacking from top to bottom and normally contain two allrounders.

Monk's and Jager's teams tend to be a blend of classical and modern players.

Blakus' teams tend to be the most interesting with eclectic batting line-ups and bowling attacks.

Kyear's and Andy's teams tend to be well balanced and include three conventional fast bowlers and a dependable spinner.
That's a fairly good analysis; I agree with most of that.

I tend to like picking ultra defensive batsmen in drafts. Players like Barrington, Border, Waugh, Boycott, Lawry, Dravid, etc. are the kind of players I'd rely on if I were to pick a team to represent me irl.

I do like players like Viv and Lara, but I rarely tend to pick them as often as others do. Not many people pick these defensive players earlier on, so I'm free to pick them after I strengthen my bowling attack with the first two or three picks. That way I end up with the batting lineup that I want and a fairly good bowling attack.

watson

Banned
The Scorecard Draft does sound interesting.

Although if it involves an element of luck like the Voodoo Draft then I'm probably doomed.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
How bout a draft where you have to pick a player who's batting average is within 5 of your previous pick - so you can start wherever you like but the first pick will be crucial IMO.

Jager

International Debutant
Update

Rowann75's votes in current and future drafts will not be counted towards player tallies. Mods have linked the account with kyear2’s home via IP tracing.

From now on anyone found asking friends/family to vote for them as was the case here, or using multiple accounts etc. will finish with 0 votes for the season as punishment for unsporting conduct.

kingkallis

International Coach
Update

Rowann75's votes in current and future drafts will not be counted towards player tallies. Mods have linked the account with kyear2’s home via IP tracing.

From now on anyone found asking friends/family to vote for them as was the case here, or using multiple accounts etc. will finish with 0 votes for the season as punishment for unsporting conduct.
Oh boi...poor kyear!

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Update

Not a multi a/c, and vote only made after results were clear and had no influence on the results and after I had indicated that I probably wasn't voting as I couldn't decide on a third team. Also no vote was made during the last draft as not to influence a close result.

Additionally there are people who are friends outside of CW, and I have frequently courted friens of mine who like cricket to join the site. Some have, some haven't don't see why that should impact what votes others receive..

Last edited:

watson

Banned
If kyear is worried about having a stint in the Reserves then I'm happy to take his place there should he be moved across after the conclusion of voting.

Jager

International Debutant
kyear won't be being dropped because of the Rowann thing - whether or not he gets enough votes to survive is another matter!

watson

Banned
Now that my relegation is confirmed, I am willing to run a random player auction draft for the next round of the competition
'Relegation' presupposes that the Reserves know less about cricket than what the non-Reserves do. This is silly, so it's more of a sideways move really.

I'm sure that you would do a fine job looking after an auction draft.