• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Feature : Top ten Tendulkar ODI hundreds

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Good list. His 175 against Australia in Hyderabad would have been a good candidate too.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Gotta have his 175 at Hyderabad in there imo. Hard to find the replacement in that list though. Perhaps better than the 120 vs. England in last year's World Cup.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
And how about some of his sub 100 knocks? Some of my most memorable innings were when Tendulkar only managed 90's:

1. 90 vs Australia in Mumbai in 96 world cup - iconic Sachin of 90's against McGrath, Warne and Fleming.
  2. 98 vs Pakistan in 03 world cup - took Wasim, Waqar and Shoaib to cleaners
  3. 95 vs Pakistan in 06 series - faced red hot Asif and Gul to set up the game for Dhoni while chasing ~290 target

Last edited:

gvenkat

State Captain
I only wrote about the innings, I watched. I missed the 175. I specifically did not include the sub 100 knocks, Since I wanted to just pick his top 10 Hundreds.

IMO, His best knock was the 98 against Pakistan in the 2003 WC alongside the desert storm knocks.

:happy:

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
To me his best knock will always be 90 against Australia in 96 world cup. That was also the time when I was just starting to follow cricket seriously. So there is lot of nostalgia attached to that.

gvenkat

State Captain
To me his best knock will always be 90 against Australia in 96 world cup. That was also the time when I was just starting to follow cricket seriously. So there is lot of nostalgia attached to that.
Agree. That was top notch stuff too. Esp the way he will go after McGrath.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Tendulkar's 163 vs NZ also worth a shout. And yeah gotta get the 175 on there, that was a ridiculously good innings.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Ya the 175 was an absolute dream of an innings. Never let the run rate get out of control and had the big shots whenever needed. Still cannot fathom how we lost that game even with Sachin's shot to get out.

gvenkat

State Captain
Ya the 175 was an absolute dream of an innings. Never let the run rate get out of control and had the big shots whenever needed. Still cannot fathom how we lost that game even with Sachin's shot to get out.
They lost like how they lost the Chennai Test. 12 runs needed and they lost 3 wickets for 4 runs atleast here they scored 15 runs.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The loss clearly wasn't Sachin's shot, but **** me dead his shot to get out was stupid. Almost broke my TV when he played it.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
The loss clearly wasn't Sachin's shot, but **** me dead his shot to get out was stupid. Almost broke my TV when he played it.
We came down to 19 off 18 with about 4 or 5 wickets in hand, while chasing 360, no less! Tendulkar got out first ball of 48th over. Then Ravindra Jadeja got run out in Donald-99-wc-semi fashion. Close shave on one ball, out on the next. Will never forgive Jadeja for that :@

This would have been such an epic win. This one hurts me most after the loss in Sydney 2008 test :( (I didn't see the Ind-Pak Chennai 99 test live, so that didn't hurt as much).

Last edited: