• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dravid Likely to Retire

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Nice piece, although the whole "last of a dying breed" thing strikes me as a little bit silly, as it usually does whenever it's wheeled out in such circumstances. You only think he's the last of a dying breed because you don't fully appreciate the current breed, and because you don't know who's coming next.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
I love Dravid, and it was a decent interesting read, but spouses writing articles on Cricinfo is going too far imo.
What do you find wrong in it? The fact that cricinfo approached her or the fact that she choose to right an article?

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Nice piece, although the whole "last of a dying breed" thing strikes me as a little bit silly, as it usually does whenever it's wheeled out in such circumstances. You only think he's the last of a dying breed because you don't fully appreciate the current breed, and because you don't know who's coming next.
I think it is more pertinent to India in general. We have been johnny come latelys in a lot of regards, and I'm not sure the younger generation is capable of handling it in as dignified a manner as the crop that was raised prior to economic liberalization. Again, that's a gross generalization maybe, but it does hold true in a lot of quarters.

BMJ

Banned
Get Dhoni out of the Indian team it will be great and how does it do anything to me iam a Englishman.