• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan Zindabad!!!

Xuhaib

International Coach
oi know today is the day to celebrate but don't see this side doing too well away from SC. Still massive holes in the team set up.

smash84

The Tiger King
oi know today is the day to celebrate but don't see this side doing too well away from SC. Still massive holes in the team set up.
awta

but still time to celebrate

Thanks to the English fans for all the wishes

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Yousuf just wasn't selected after his poor captaincy. Sad end for him. Was a great player for Pakistan and shameful the way he was treated. I would have him any day over Shafiq.

Azhar
Hafeez
Younis
Yousuf
Misbah
Fawad
Umar Akmal (wk)
Ajmal
Gul
Amir
Asif

Now that would be an amazing team.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
But at least we have a thinking captain and coach and I can trust Misbah to make the necessary changes to counter different conditions.

He already said the same thing in the presentation ceremony that we need to get better to play outside Asia as well.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Pakistan Zindabad indeed! :) There was a brief period where Woolmer and Inzi had Pakistan ranked #2 in the world which I think coincided with my time at CW. Other than that, this is the best moment for me as a Pakistani fan on here as well. Great stuff, but as others have pointed out, we do have a lot of work to do to win outside of Asian conditions.

Commiserations to England. They fought hard and their bowlers definitely have nothing to be ashamed about. Outside of Asian conditions, they are still the top side in the world.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Pakistan Zindabad indeed! :) There was a brief period where Woolmer and Inzi had Pakistan ranked #2 in the world which I think coincided with my time at CW. Other than that, this is the best moment for me as a Pakistani fan on here as well.
I was in love with that team starting in early '05 when they drew against India in India. Such a balanced team aside from the openers, and such great upcoming talent playing along some excellent veterans. It all went downhill from Oval-gate.

Anyway, as happy as I am for this team, I am happier for the fans that stuck around after the spot-fixing saga. Personally, the corruption got to be too much for me and it made it pretty hard to even care. But having seen Ijaz Butt and his ways leave and the reins of the team in the hands of a guy I've always had a soft spot for (Misbah), its tough not to take a huge interest in this team even if they hadn't just swept the number one side.

Can't wait to see them play abroad or better yet, in Pakistan.

deerkick

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
As an Indian fan, massive congratulations to the neighbors. Thoroughly outplayed a team that outplayed us. BCCI definitely won't wanna play you guys now to save further embarrassment. :(

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Lol, that's what Zaka said. But it's complete bull. India doesn't want to play due to political reasons (which is fair enough) not because they are scared. And thanks deer.

deerkick

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I know I was just playin. That's what makes it ****ty. India v Pakistan could our version of The Ashes. :D

Edit: Plus our players always seem to fight harder when competing against each other. Would make for some great viewing.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
some of the pak members have been amongst the best in all my time here in CW. Congrats guys!!! You all deserve this moment :)

Disclaimer: I did say this about English members as well a couple of years back and we have all seen how that turned out. :p Mind you, still think there a number of good ones among them, just happen to get drowned out by a few others.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Pakistan Zindabad indeed! :) There was a brief period where Woolmer and Inzi had Pakistan ranked #2 in the world which I think coincided with my time at CW. Other than that, this is the best moment for me as a Pakistani fan on here as well. Great stuff, but as others have pointed out, we do have a lot of work to do to win outside of Asian conditions.

Commiserations to England. They fought hard and their bowlers definitely have nothing to be ashamed about. Outside of Asian conditions, they are still the top side in the world.
IIRC it was beating us that took you to #2 back then as well