• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in New Zealand 2012

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Still have no idea why you're using player criticism of the DRS to suggest that the DRS is not accurate. You've got as much information in front of you to formulate a reasoned opinion as they do. It seems self-evident to me that it should be a pretty straightforward piece of technology to implement and use accurately.
I'm merely pointing out that the players feel that way. And so do I. I've watched the Tahir lbw review on Vettori in the first innings and I don't believe it was going anywhere near where it was predicted to be going. As Kallis said, we're entitled to an opinion. They can say it's 99 percent accurate until they're blue in the face but as far as predictions go - especially on height - something seems amiss.

If Doull is saying Bracewell should be kept away from T20, that's more nonsense out of his mouth. Who is he to deny him another income stream? Yes in an ideal world that would be great, but it's not plausible anymore. Williamson won't do it, Bracewell won't. Nor would Toull limit himself to one format of media to better himself at that (he should).

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
:laugh: Scared of that number 1 position are we

Lead of 233 plus 30 overs of batting normally at 3 RPO, gets us to a lead of 320 with plenty of time to push ahead for about 10 overs and have a lead of 375 or so after batting about 40 overs like Mike says.

You'll be flat on your face about acceleration as its not even majorly required. :huh:
Batting normally won't get South Africa 3 RPO if Vettori bowls a good chunk of the overs.

South Africa were a tad conservative last evening, again below 3 runs per over when Smith and Kallis were well set. To me a side like Australia or England would have tried to attack a bit more during that period. South Africa are well on top but they don't have the game by the scruff of the neck yet because a draw is still a big possibility. Perhaps I'm spoilt by the way England's middle and lower can batter quick runs in all sorts of situations but not least declaration chases.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Southee average watch: 44.00

It's weird that he can't even get a wicket with a filthy half-tracker, full toss or half-volley - these seem to work for a lot of other bowlers at times.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Think our only slight chance with this match is if South Africa bat on too long and then we get perhaps two sessions washed out tomorrow. Our batting doesn't usually last more than two sessions in these fourth-innings-massive-chase scenarios.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Southee average watch: 44.00

It's weird that he can't even get a wicket with a filthy half-tracker, full toss or half-volley - these seem to work for a lot of other bowlers at times.
Those are the worst two overs I have seen from him in a while. Martin did not bowl well either inn his first two overs of the day. So perhaps the bowlers are a bit stiff from yesterday. But still even Martin's looseners weren't that bad.

I can see what howsie is talking about with the swing coming right from the hand.

SeamUp

International Coach
Batting normally won't get South Africa 3 RPO if Vettori bowls a good chunk of the overs.

South Africa were a tad conservative last evening, again below 3 runs per over when Smith and Kallis were well set. To me a side like Australia or England would have tried to attack a bit more during that period. South Africa are well on top but they don't have the game by the scruff of the neck yet because a draw is still a big possibility. Perhaps I'm spoilt by the way England's middle and lower can batter quick runs in all sorts of situations but not least declaration chases.
England :laugh:

Its not a free-flowing wicket so its only a matter of time before you get yourself out coming too hard at the ball. We are setting the base and then a slight acceleration will happen.

Briony

International Debutant
Will be tough for NZ to win from here, with the lead looking to be 350 or so. Perhaps hoping SA set them too much and they can scramble a draw and hope for wet weather intervention.

SeamUp

International Coach
How funny was that. The players all just wanted to walk off along with Billy Doc whileAleem Dar thought he could sneak in another over in those arctic conditions. :laugh: