• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in New Zealand 2012

Ryan19

School Boy/Girl Captain
Again, irrelevant. He averaged that two and three years ago, for a different province as a younger man with less experience under his belt. He'd be judged on what he's done this season. I still don't believe he'll be picked but that's not the way to look at it.

What's happened to AB? Hiding on a king pair?
Before today he averaged 37 in FC cricket this season. If you pick him, it's based on two good innings (his 8 for today and his 6 for 87 in the last game). He should not be anywhere near consideration for the team.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Before today he averaged 37 in FC cricket this season. If you pick him, it's based on two good innings (his 8 for today and his 6 for 87 in the last game). He should not be anywhere near consideration for the team.
Agreed, as it goes. Not 'anywhere near' but shouldn't be picked. Mind you, he's probably got just as much right to make it as Latham did the ODI side, if not more.

Doull loves black spinners.

Flem274*

123/5
Starting to get pretty furious with the anti-udrs talk from Smithy.

ffs without udrs you don't get a Hobart victory. No one cares about the magic of the moment if they're on the wrong side of the moment you ****s.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
^I thnk the point they are making is UDRS is ok - but the umpire initiated reviews of no balls sucks - and I agree.

Flem274*

123/5
Not going to see much, if any more of this test over the weekend. Good luck kiwis.

Dougeh, what a find. 3/53 on a flat pitch against these ****s.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Even if we don't win this test - I think we have done ok - with Brownlie back it would make a MASSIVE difference. You can't carry a passenger, Nicol, in a test match. I have found at club cricket level that replacing a liability with a strong player lifts the team immeasurably. The liability actually not just adds no value but actually hurts the team either through poor bowling or by throwing your number 3 into the fray in the 3rd over of the game.

After saying all this watch Nicol ton up in the second dig and turn everyone into his fanbase.

Dissector

International Debutant
Just checked the score which was so predictable. It's often possible to compete against quality sides in the first innings; it's the second innings which is the real killer. I suppose that is the basic point of test cricket.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Starting to get pretty furious with the anti-udrs talk from Smithy.

ffs without udrs you don't get a Hobart victory. No one cares about the magic of the moment if they're on the wrong side of the moment you ****s.
I can tell you with the utmost assurity that the players hate the DRS in terms of the predicted paths.

If Smithy is banging on about the magic of the moment, then he needs to lay off the hot dogs (he needs to anyway). But the predicted paths often bemuse me.

There's been one both ways in this game, in my opinion. Tahir had a shout reviewed on Vettori that looked nothing like it was going as far down leg as it showed on DRS. In fact when I saw it live and slowed down I thought it was hitting middle and leg, leg at worst. Then the Rudolph one, which managed to be an in-swinger to him which magically pitched outside leg and straightened to hit middle.

Rudolph even started walking off when he saw it and the fact Doug hadn't overstepped. Dar was bemused as well.

Rasimione

U19 Captain
what has gone wrong with Southee? He is pants now. Sad really. Philander is gotta be lickin his lips now. Get rid of BMc, Taylor and Vettori and the game is won.