Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 85

Thread: Quinton de Kock

  1. #1
    International Regular NasserFan207's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    3,878

    Quinton de Kock

    19 years old, averaging over 60 after 12 FC games (in SA - very tough to do). Reportedly very talented.

    Another future SA batting gun? Could he replace Smith as the next longterm test opener/captain?
    Batsman I tolerate: V. Richards, S. Tendulkar, E. Morgan, N. Hussain. KEVIN O F******* BRIEN

  2. #2
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Moving to Somalia
    Posts
    43,599
    Quote Originally Posted by NasserFan207 View Post
    19 years old, averaging over 60 after 12 FC games (in SA - very tough to do).
    Actually it's quite easy to do because they give their three-day glorified park cricket First Class status for historical reasons.

    He's played two proper franchise games in First Class cricket for 41 runs @ 14.

    Not saying he isn't promising - everything I've heard about it does indeed suggest he's a bit of a prodigy/gun - but lets not pretend he's been killing it a high standard First Class because he hasn't. Yet.

    I'll also add that he's a wicket keeper; something yet to be mentioned. More likely to be Boucher's long-term replacement than Smith's.
    Last edited by Prince EWS; 25-01-2012 at 04:44 AM.
    ~ Cribbage ~

    Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

  3. #3
    International Debutant ganeshran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,473
    Isnt Heino Kuhn supposed to be the keeping successor to Boucher?
    Get well soon Yuvi!!

  4. #4
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    All Glory To The Nev
    Posts
    32,762
    there is no successor. hence why boucher still has his spot
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

    With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left


  5. #5
    International Regular Jayzamann's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    location, location
    Posts
    3,568
    Quote Originally Posted by ganeshran View Post
    Isnt Heino Kuhn supposed to be the keeping successor to Boucher?
    Yeah but when you say his name out loud you don't immediately think of penises.

    Mark against him right there.

  6. #6
    International Debutant ganeshran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,473
    ^^ Ya but its time to start giving chances to youngsters. Boucher's batting has been scratchy off late and he dropped some easy chances too

  7. #7
    International Debutant ganeshran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,473
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayzamann View Post
    Yeah but when you say his name out loud you don't immediately think of penises.

    Mark against him right there.

  8. #8
    Hall of Fame Member Howe_zat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Top floor, bottom buzzer
    Posts
    16,420
    His name is too good not to make it.

    I've always liked de Kock, you know. Of course, de Kock will have to be handled pretty well in order to get up there.
    Every 5 years we have an election and have to decide who are the least obnoxious out of all the men. Then one gets in and they age really quickly. Which is always fun to watch.

  9. #9
    International Regular Jayzamann's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    location, location
    Posts
    3,568
    Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    His name is too good not to make it.

    I've always liked de Kock, you know. Of course, de Kock will have to be handled pretty well in order to get up there.
    Don't want de Kock getting too rigid. It takes time to get balls in the slot.

  10. #10
    International Coach G.I.Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    10,947
    If SA want to make this relationship work, they'll have to take turns with the keeper being de Kock on occasion and the Heino on others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    If GI 'Best Poster On The Forum' Joe says it then it must be true.
    Athlai doesn't lie. And he doesn't do sarcasm either, so you know it's true!

  11. #11
    International Regular NasserFan207's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    3,878
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Actually it's quite easy to do because they give their three-day glorified park cricket First Class status for historical reasons.

    He's played two proper franchise games in First Class cricket for 41 runs @ 14.

    Not saying he isn't promising - everything I've heard about it does indeed suggest he's a bit of a prodigy/gun - but lets not pretend he's been killing it a high standard First Class because he hasn't. Yet.

    I'll also add that he's a wicket keeper; something yet to be mentioned. More likely to be Boucher's long-term replacement than Smith's.
    Fair enough, I only made the thread for penis puns anyway tbh

  12. #12
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Moving to Somalia
    Posts
    43,599
    Quote Originally Posted by NasserFan207 View Post
    Fair enough, I only made the thread for penis puns anyway tbh


    He deserves his own thread, irrespective of his name. Massive talent.

  13. #13
    International Captain Himannv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SL
    Posts
    6,237
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayzamann View Post
    Yeah but when you say his name out loud you don't immediately think of penises.

    Mark against him right there.
    "I will go down as Darren Sammy, the one who always smiles" - Darren Sammy

  14. #14
    International Debutant Briony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Twilight Zone
    Posts
    2,075
    He appears to be the standout in Under 19 cricket atm.

    Dominated England and made two tons in the Pak/Zim tri-series, including 146 in the final.

    Stiff not to be replacing Boucher, obviously considered not quite up to it yet.

  15. #15
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Moving to Somalia
    Posts
    43,599
    Quote Originally Posted by Briony View Post
    He appears to be the standout in Under 19 cricket atm.

    Dominated England and made two tons in the Pak/Zim tri-series, including 146 in the final.

    Stiff not to be replacing Boucher, obviously considered not quite up to it yet.
    If he's only played two franchise games and done nothing then he definitely shouldn't be in the Test frame yet.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •