• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Let's Talk About Cricket Grounds Better Than The Sydney Cricket Ground

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Well it's in Nottingham for a start
Haha. Was briefly in Nottingham, and it didn't look like the greatest place, but Adelaide Oval is in Adelaide ffs, yet everyone loves it. Trent Bridge, the ground, is absolutely gorgeous. Amazing sight itbt, and loved watching the recent test live on day 1.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I didn't mind Nottingham's city square. When you were sitting around all day waiting for something to happen, then there was enough scenery around.

Could have had Hills and Laddys closer to each other though.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I didn't mind Nottingham's city square. When you were sitting around all day waiting for something to happen, then there was enough scenery around.

Could have had Hills and Laddys closer to each other though.
Yeah it's not the worst city but it has some grim parts

Biryani Pillow

U19 Vice-Captain
Never done it but I like the idea of a days cricket (ideally Test cricket) at Trent Bridge followed by a review of the day over some fine ale at The Olde Trip to Jerusalem.

The best ground I've been to (played and umpired there) is Tunbridge Wells. A beautiful place.

Stapel

International Regular
Best I have been to is Kensington Oval in Barbados. Durham is on my list to visit.

TBF, I've seen many village grounds that have something special too.

weeman27bob

International Regular
Best I have been to is Kensington Oval in Barbados. Durham is on my list to visit.

TBF, I've seen many village grounds that have something special too.
On that note, I'm in the position to get to Chester-le-street to see a game at some point during June. Is that ground worth going to?

Marius

International Debutant
Supersport Park and Wanderers are both good grounds to watch cricket.

Went to Newlands to watch the first day of the SL-SA Test this year and it was awesome.

Got disgustingly drunk though.

Of grounds overseas I have been on a tour of Lords but have never watched a match there.