• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is Virat Kohli test material?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
among all the rubbish Kohli, Ashwin and Yadav have been the 3 brights spots. Positive signs for the future imo.
Have Yadav and Ashwin really been that good?

What I saw of them earlier in the series they weren't that good and the figures they're showing are dire.

Although compared to Ishant I suppose they've been world class.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Have Yadav and Ashwin really been that good?

What I saw of them earlier in the series they weren't that good and the figures they're showing are dire.

Although compared to Ishant I suppose they've been world class.
Yadav's shown that he can be a good wicket-taker, but he's bowled an awful lot of rubbish in between.

virat is good when he is playing an ODI that counts for little against sri lanka bangaldesh or the like at home.Notice how in the world cup he went missing after the opening game against bangladesh,his favourite opposition by the length of the khyber pass.A 100 in a dead rubber test when the oppostion doesnt have too much motivation counts for little particularly when the other side has racked up 600 for 7.Rohit Sharma is a better option.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Yadav's shown that he can be a good wicket-taker, but he's bowled an awful lot of rubbish in between.
Yadav is very much like Sami was at the start of his career potentially he can get very good but if he does not improve he may end up asa very mediocre test bowler.

Xuhaib

International Coach
he's gunning it this season both with bat and ball. Possibly this has been his best season ever in terms of consistency.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
he's gunning it this season both with bat and ball. Possibly this has been his best season ever in terms of consistency.
Haha yeah I know; I made a post about it in the Pakistan News/Views thread. I'm actually pretty keen for a recall tbh, and I've always been very critical of Sami recalls in the past.

I think it's largely because it'd interesting/fun/hilarious though; if I really cared about how Pakistan went I'd probably not want him near the side. But it's so worth it! :p