• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Brad Haddin replacement discussion thread

Brad Haddin's replacement

• Total voters

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
any of those guys any chance of actually playing for vic sometime

(cause no doubt most of the nsw guys are likely to play for tassie)

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Fekete has played probably half a dozen 2nd XI games, but then was always a bit too old while it was U23 stuff. Maybe a bit old, but a chance if there is an injury plague.

Salm gets injured a little bit too much, can bowl quick but is a little skiddy. Might've played some 2nd XI too. Topp had a rookie contract as a 17 year old, and they reckon he's a pretty good package, wouldn't be surprised to see him play. Reed won't, and Paddy Smith (who won it) bowls real quick, but plays mostly 2nd grade stuff at Melbourne, who are a very strong club. Played him, and he belts it into the deck.

benchmark00

Will be interested to see who is in the Sydney one. I hope they have Daya Singh.

Write down their names for me ****, will be at the game.

Spikey

I'll stream the match just so I can take a screencap

I would have doubted Daya Singh would be allowed given he's in the junior squads but then given the above...

Spikey

yeah i just thought they would have been looking for those guys not really connected to state cricket eg no contracted guys, no guys in those junior squads. But obviously they don't mind. Just as well too. And then maybe those state teams don't want their players doing it.

edit or maybe they do care ARGH

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
I'm pretty sure that I mentioned this in the domestic thread but a few of my mates have faced Daya in rep cricket and they have all said he bowled at a lightening pace for that particular grade.

Opening the bowling for the Blacktown first grade team at 16 years of age is no mean feat.

Top_Cat

On Manou, did he get pushed out or just move on?
Think that's basically it. Playing some club cricket at Richmond, not keeping, not captaining, just enjoying playing some cricket on a Saturday and being a pretty relaxed cat, from all reports.
Yeah. From all reports, SACA staff were a little blindsided by him retiring. I know the press tried to make something of him possibly being pushed because he knee was ****ed but it just ain't true.

Bloody Adelaide media, always has to be a conspiracy of some sort.

Was there, standing right above the stumps sledging all the bowlers.
Outstanding.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Yeah. From all reports, SACA staff were a little blindsided by him retiring. I know the press tried to make something of him possibly being pushed because he knee was ****ed but it just ain't true.

Bloody Adelaide media, always has to be a conspiracy of some sort.

Outstanding.
Still got to play a couple of them after Christmas. Hmm...