• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NZ Domestic Selector

Athlai

Not Terrible
It's that time of year again!

Right so how about 6 players represent each of the 6 districts and pick an XI that they predict will dominate this year.
The selector will get their district and then select their XI and then as the first class season goes on be rated on the players they have chosen performances.

Anyway the way I envision the selecting process is that every one who signs up will take a district, mine will be Wellington. I get to choose 3 players who are currently contracted to Wellington as the basis of my team (as does everyone else with their district).

Then the standard draft style will be used to pick the remaining contracted players. XI + 1 will be selected as injury cover.

Other things to think about:

- In your initial 3 picks you can only pick players contracted to your club. After this round you can pick uncontracted players and NZ contracted players if you like.
- While we're following first class cricket, we will also be following Test matches and FC tour matches.
- If you have a player who plays a Test you get 10 bonus points for any particular game.
- Everyone needs to have a team that resembles an actual playing XI, but the only MUST HAVE position for each team is the wicketkeeper, you must have ONE keeper, who will actually keep.
- When you have an injury, please post a link to some kind of report of this injury. When this is done I'll from there on begin to count your 12th mans points.

Wellington - Athlai
CD - Phlegm
ND -
Otago -
Canterbury -
Auckland -

We'll be using the CW fantasy cricket system.
http://www.cricketweb.net/fantasycricket/pointssummary.php - Test matches

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
Contracts

Auckland Aces

Added:
Brad Cachopa

Complete list:
Michael Bates
Andrew de Boorder
Brad Cachopa
Colin de Grandhomme
Gareth Hopkins
Anaru Kitchen
Bruce Martin
Tim McIntosh
Colin Munro
Jeet Raval
Bhupinder Singh
Daryl Tuffey

Canterbury Wizards

Added
Willie Lonsdale
Logan van Beek

Complete list:
Todd Astle
Dean Brownlie
Andrew Ellis
Peter Fulton
Matt Henry
Tom Latham
Willie Lonsdale
Ryan McCone
Richard Sherlock
Shanan Stewart
Logan van Beek
George Worker

Central Stags

Added:
Greg Todd

Complete list:
Doug Bracewell
Jamie How
Peter Ingram
Michael Mason
Adam Milne
Kieran Noema-Barnett
Tarun Nethula
Mathew Sinclair
Bevan Small
Greg Todd
Kruger van Wyk
Ben Wheeler

Northern Knights

Added
Bradley Scott

Complete list
Graeme Aldridge
Brent Arnel
James Baker
Anton Devcich
Brook Hatwell
James Marshall
Peter McGlashan
Daryl Mitchell
Bradley Scott
Anurag Verma
Brad Wilson
Joseph Yovich

Otago Volts

Added:
Anthony Bullick
James McMillan

Complete list
Nick Beard
Michael Bracewell
Darren Broom
Anthony Bullick
Ian Butler
Craig Cumming
Derek De Boorder
James McMillan
Aaron Redmond
Warren McSkimming
Neil Wagner
Sam Wells

Wellington Firebirds

Added:
Leighton Burtt

Complete list:
Joe Austin-Smellie
Harry Boam
Josh Brodie
Leighton Burtt
Grant Elliott
James Franklin
Mark Gillespie
Stephen Murdoch
Iain O'Brien
Michael Papps
Jeetan Patel
Stewart Rhodes

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
My first choice would be CD so I could have their bowlers, followed by ND for Williamson.

Given they have both gone I will take Otago - if NZtailender comes along in the next 6 hours or so he can trade me Canterbury for them.

Last edited:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I
- Everyone needs to have a team that resembles an actual playing XI, but the only MUST HAVE position for each team is the wicketkeeper, you must have ONE keeper, who will actually keep.
I think there should be a penalty if the person you pick doesn't keep in at least two full FC games. It will stop people from the inevitable BJ watling selection and other conniving moves.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I think there should be a penalty if the person you pick doesn't keep in at least two full FC games. It will stop people from the inevitable BJ watling selection and other conniving moves.
Yeah I'll make it so if you pick a keeper who doesn't keep properly you don't get any of their fielding points.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah I'll make it so if you pick a keeper who doesn't keep properly you don't get any of their fielding points.
Needs a stiffer penalty IMHO - who would you pick out of Austin Smellie or Watling - who would get you more points when you think about batting points.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Wellington - Athlai
CD - Phlegm
ND - Howsie
Otago - Hurricane
Canterbury -
Auckland - Somerset

One spot left

Last edited:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
It's that time of year again!

Right so how about 6 players represent each of the 6 districts and pick an XI that they predict will dominate this year.
The selector will get their district and then select their XI and then as the first class season goes on be rated on the players they have chosen performances.

Anyway the way I envision the selecting process is that every one who signs up will take a district, mine will be Wellington. I get to choose 3 players who are currently contracted to Wellington as the basis of my team (as does everyone else with their district).

Then the standard draft style will be used to pick the remaining contracted players. XI + 1 will be selected as injury cover.

Other things to think about:

- In your initial 3 picks you can only pick players contracted to your club. After this round you can pick uncontracted players and NZ contracted players if you like.
- While we're following first class cricket, we will also be following Test matches and FC tour matches.
- If you have a player who plays a Test you get 10 bonus points for any particular game.
- When you have an injury, please post a link to some kind of report of this injury. When this is done I'll from there on begin to count your 12th mans points.

Wellington - Athlai
CD - Phlegm
ND -
Otago -
Canterbury -
Auckland -

We'll be using the CW fantasy cricket system.
Cricket Web's Fantasy Cricket - Points Summary - Test matches
Tough to know whether to take the blackcap players or not. I take it we are counting the matches in Zimbabwe then. My initial reaction is that they should get enough chances to play.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Including tour games I think the blackcaps might get anywhere up to 9 games for NZ and potentially a game or two for their first class districts after returning from Zimbabwe.

Flem274*

123/5
Central Squirts

Peter Ingram
Mathew Sinclair
Kruger van Wyk

Didn't take Mason because I'm not sure how many FC matches he plans on playing this season. IIRC didn't he say he was toning it down this year?

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Can we have up to 24 hours between picks rather than 12 hours. I can only check CW during the evenings. During that time I can probably make a couple of picks. If this is not possible I will have to work something out with Athlai.