• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

BCCI's profit soars to $39.68 million (200% increase from previous year)

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Weren't there serious issues at the World Cup as well?
Still waiting for Sanz to tell when that happened during the India-Australia series.Because it didn't AFAIK.

Yeah, there were a couple of incidents during the World Cup in Bangalore and Nagpur that the Police had to use force when number of people, 4 times the number of tickets available turned up to buy tickets at the stadium and then some of them turned rowdy IIRC.
In any case, the World Cup was a complete ICC event and the ICC took the decision to shift the match at the last minute almost which caused some ticketing problems, atleast at Bangalore.
The tickets were divided among online,available at the ground and even some at local coffee chains. The once available at the Coffee chain were sold early and there were reports of them being hoarded for a lot more money. The online tickets got sold very early and the website the ICC gave contract too, went down a few times due the amount of load and traffic. And for the tickets available at the ground 3/4 times the amount of people to the amount of tickets there, atleast turned up.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Still waiting for Sanz to tell when that happened during the India-Australia series.Because it didn't AFAIK.
Why does the series matter ? Maybe I got the series wrong but please don't tell me that fans getting beat up is a world cup is good thing and not a failure of the Board that is organizing the event. Shifting the blame on ICC (Because it is an ICC Event) is just passing the buck and nothing more.

During the India-Australia ODI series the First & last ODIs were washed out because of the poor drainage at the ground. Those matches were not played despite a very clear sunny day on the day of the match. The reason:- Well the Drainage at both locations were bad. Now being a fan from a small town, I really look forward to those matches in my town because they don't get opportunity to host matches very often. Last time my town hosted a match was in 2006. I would rather have some of that money spent on better infrastructure including a better drainage across all the Cricket grounds in India.

I am sure you will give BCCI a pass saying that it is not their responsibilty but the responsibility of the State associations.