• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** DRS discussion thread

UDRS?

• Total voters

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Good Sunday evening's work from you. Brilliant tonight.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Look it's not DRS's fault if Rauf or whoever it was just needed a couple more minutes to kill some baddies on World of Warcraft and gulp down the remainder of his scotch before realising everybody is looking at him and glancing at the screen.

yeah, looks out to me

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I would back more than half of the regular posters on CW to be better third umpires than some of the ****s we see

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Hah, no. The umpires just seem to be making up the DRS decision making code as they go. It should be pretty simple. If you're sitting there watching replay after reply with little to no conclusive evidence, it should be straight back to the umpire's original decision. We need to see some evidence of international agreement on this matter.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I think we need to scrap the justice system in India because there have been known cases of the judge getting it wrong once in a while and of not being able to say with certainty whether a defendant was guilty or not, in many more . . .

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
about time

Though giving more information to the senile umpire peering over his bifocals at the fuzzy screen will probably only increase confusion tbh

uvelocity

International Coach
I think we need to scrap the justice system in India because there have been known cases of the judge getting it wrong once in a while and of not being able to say with certainty whether a defendant was guilty or not, in many more . . .
that'd be like removing the umpires entirely. all we are asking for is if they look like murderers, hang them immediately :p (ps analogies suck)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
that'd be like removing the umpires entirely. all we are asking for is if they look like murderers, hang them immediately :p (ps analogies suck)
;) I know but exaggeration is often resorted to to stress a point and one always exaggerates when being sarcastic :)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I would also like to see the ICC issue a statement about Pak being hard done by the umpires.
:lol:

I can't believe how many people can't see the difference between apologising for the umpires not knowing the rules and apologising for the umpires making a mistake in judgement. One is subjective, one is a major **** up that should never ever happen.

The ICC aren't going to come out and apologise every time there's an umpiring error, and nor should they. They were right in apologising in this instance though because the umpires actually got the process and the rules wrong, which is completely inexcusable at this level.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach

I can't believe how many people can't see the difference between apologising for the umpires not knowing the rules and apologising for the umpires making a mistake in judgement. One is subjective, one is a major **** up that should never ever happen.

The ICC aren't going to come out and apologise every time there's an umpiring error, and nor should they. They were right in apologising in this instance though because the umpires actually got the process and the rules wrong, which is completely inexcusable at this level.
They should apologise for having a stupid rule in the first place.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach

Let me remind you that Irfan was no-balled today when in fact it wasn't a no-ball. This is an example of the umpires not following the rules.