• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** DRS discussion thread

UDRS?

• Total voters

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I still support DRS as a system despite the howlers yesterday..
A system cannot be blamed for personal prejudice and bias in people.

DRS as a system still works and allows us to review and correct genuine mistakes.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
I also still support DRS despite the technical fault. However the third umpire should be reported for his inconsistency in making the decisions.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
No point blaming BCCI or other cricket boards here.. you have to blame the original culprit - Ajanta Mendis.
If Mendis had not humiliated Indian batsmen in the 2008 series when the DRS was first tested, we would not be having this conversation today.

uvelocity

International Coach
I still support DRS as a system despite the howlers yesterday..
A system cannot be blamed for personal prejudice and bias in people.

DRS as a system still works and allows us to review and correct genuine mistakes.
the system allows it hence the system is faulty

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Whenever the DRS "messes up" it's on borderline 50/50 calls which could easily have gone either way, so it's pretty damn inaccurate to call them howlers.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Whenever the DRS "messes up" it's on borderline 50/50 calls which could easily have gone either way, so it's pretty damn inaccurate to call them howlers.
tbf in those circumstances they should stick with the umpires call.

Either that or speed up Snicko.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Its a howler to overturn something for no reason.
This the Thomas (non-)glove you're referring to?

I don't think there was enough to overturn either way, so the original decision should've stood.

My tuppence is he missed it, based on Wade's reaction tho. Strikes me as the kinda guy who goes up for absolutely everything, but only joined in the appeal when Starc asked the Q.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
tbf in those circumstances they should stick with the umpires call.

Either that or speed up Snicko.
Yeah I completely agree, that's supposedly one of the main underpinning ideas behind the DRS so I'm not sure what the **** is going on with some of these third umps.