• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** DRS discussion thread

UDRS?

• Total voters

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
some ridiculous howlers in the india vs england test, however bad the DRS may seem its a hell of a lot better than having 5+ woeful howlers in every test, or even more. If the best umpire, Dar, is making continuous howlers, surely compulsory DRS in needed.
Dar won't be officiating in the next test there.. which is a bad news for cook in particular.

yea agree that it is at least better than having nothing, so Bcci should embrace it

Flem274*

123/5
The no ball thing is ridiculous I must admit. It's gotten to the stage where quite literally every wicket Doug Bracewell takes gets checked, all because of that one time he got Clarke with one.

In the current NZ-SL series they don't even have DRS and they checked one of his wickets last night for the no ball.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
So, after Australia's innings today, is one review per innings enough?

Twatty early review definitely lead to two wrong decisions (Warner and Henriques) standing.

Still no excuse for Warner's wobbly bottom lip tho, IMHO. Not the first batsman to get a smeller. Blame your skipper, fella.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
No, because teams undoubtedly make agreements beforehand to blow reviews on their best batsmen no matter what. Adding more reviews will just result in more stupid reviews since the value of a review will be reduced even further. Teams can suck it up if they don't use the ****ing system properly imo.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If there's only one review per innings IMO I dunno if there's much point having it at all. I don't see why ODI's should have less than tests.

Still, it was a poor review by Clarke. But I for one don't believe UDRS should be there to just eliminate the howlers - I feel it should be there to eradicate any mistake.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
If it eradicates EVERY mistake then we're basically talking about replacing the umpires completely, which ain't happening. One review = you better be sure you've seen something the umpire hasn't, otherwise quit your whining ****

uvelocity

International Coach
I mean they agonise for literally minutes and still **** up decisions, almost every player is ******** at using it except for time wasting at the end of a test match, it deflates the excitement after a wicket quicker than a zyrtec waste of time and money

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I mean they agonise for literally minutes and still **** up decisions, almost every player is ******** at using it except for time wasting at the end of a test match, it deflates the excitement after a wicket quicker than a zyrtec waste of time and money
Especially when you find out that the batsmen has actually smashed it onto his pad, and the decision is overturned.

I personally would go for two reviews in ODI's.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Should have a 20 run penalty for every ******** LBW review where the batsman hasn't clearly hit it. That'll clear it right up imo.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Surely last night's game makes it blatantly obvious it should be in the hands of the third umpire, and not the players....

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
That's because it was obviously not out. The problems come when you get more and more marginal ones so where does the third ump draw the line on what he overturns and what he doesn't? Aus had one review, they blew it, so hard luck on Warner but his captain was a dick.