• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Auction draft 2011

smash84

The Tiger King
you mean to say that if I bid 1 million dollars for player A and I am outbid by somebody. Also assume that all of the rest of my bids are $100K then I will get some donkey player for 1 million dollars?

weeman27bob

International Regular
you mean to say that if I bid 1 million dollars for player A and I am outbid by somebody. Also assume that all of the rest of my bids are $100K then I will get some donkey player for 1 million dollars?
I believe the cost to you would be the highest bid anybody made in the round.

So say someone bids $8 million for Bradman, and you don't end up getting anyone, then you could end up paying $8 million for someone awful.

smash84

The Tiger King
i believe the cost to you would be the highest bid anybody made in the round.

So say someone bids $8 million for bradman, and you don't end up getting anyone, then you could end up paying $8 million for someone awful.
what? Really?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Yes, weeman has it right. If none of your bids are the highest, you end up with whatever is left for the highest bid made by anyone in the round.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Yes, weeman has it right. If none of your bids are the highest, you end up with whatever is left for the highest bid made by anyone in the round.
Logically, though, even if you end up with a duff player, surely you'll still only pay what you bid for him? So the important thing is just to make a bid on every player, even if you bid 12p.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Yes, but if you don't bid for everyone then you will potentially end up with someone you've not bid for.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Logically, though, even if you end up with a duff player, surely you'll still only pay what you bid for him? So the important thing is just to make a bid on every player, even if you bid 12p.
Yup. I bid 6 million Zimbabwe-dollars for the worst players. :p

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
In spite of the warning, one person ended up not putting in a winning bid and pays the ultimate price: kyear2.

The following have been drafted:

Mohammed Aamir - weeman27bob
Kamran Akmal - honestbharani
Learie Constantine - Michael7777777
Jeffrey Dujon - Howe_Zat
Imran Khan - smalishah84
Rashid Latif - weldone
Malcolm Marshall - Samuel_Vimes
Xavier Marshall - Kyear2
Dave Mohammed - four_or_six
Garry Sobers - Himannv
Clyde Walcott - Pothas
Everton Weekes - Blakus
Frank Worrell - pskov

For the record I had to add 3 in, Aamir, Latif and Mohammed.

The successful bids were as follows: $1, $38, $3,142, $150,000, $205,495, $1,000,500, $1,350,000, $1,500,002, $1,700,666, $2,800,000, $3,100,000, $3,211,113 and of course kyear2 gets $3,211,113.

Round 3 has the following players available for drafting:

Ajit Agarkar
Michael Beer
Richie Benaud
Don Bradman
Clarrie Grimmett
Subash Gupte
Ray Lindwall
Keith Miller
Bill O'Reilly
Eknath Solkar
Sachin Tendulkar
Shane Warne
Steve Waugh

Deadline for these picks is Thursday 15th at 9pm GMT. For round 4 I'd like either an Englishman or a Zimbabwean please.