Cricket Player Manager
Page 81 of 81 FirstFirst ... 3171798081
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1215

Thread: *Official* Fourth Test at The Oval

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Thought we'd at least be batting again, I have to say.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

Cricket Champion! Jackpot Champion!
    Don't worry, I am sure GIMH is batting enough for the rest of England.
    ★★★★★

We're a disgrace. Was out touring London all day so didn't catch any of the day's play, but that seems like an unbelievable collapse.

Congrats to England fans. Deserved winners.

I saw that mace in the Lord's museum. Very cool.

Also if Sachin had tonned up today, in the same city as me when I didn't get tickets to watch him play, I think I'd have actually murdered him.
    Last edited by Jono; 22-08-2011 at 08:13 PM.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

The mace was very cool, yeah. Jono, did you laugh at the big picture of those involved in the Boxing day charity game and Mohammad Sami sticking out like a side thumb?

What a fantastic day, so made up for the disappointment of Thursday.

Was rewarded for total stupidity of not realising you could buy tickets online beforehand, realised this at about 2am which was too late so got to Vauxhall at 6am on the off chance that there would be some left. The guy first told us there were a few restricted ones before then telling us there were ones for £20 on the roof terrace, were unbelievably good seats directly behind the wickets. Yeah the series was over and India were utterly pathetic in the afternoon but being there was just wonderful, especially with Swann rounding it all off.

Not quite the perfect day of course, everyone wanted Sachin to make it, the tension and excitement as he got into the 90s was really quite something, understand it was a pretty close decision but must say it looked out to me, one off Swann looked bloody close as well. Regardless it was great to see him make runs in his last test in England (well I suppose you never know) even if he was not at his best.

Star of the day Amit Mishra though, thought he was fantastic, looked every inch a genuine batsman. thought we had a chance at thrilling finish at one point but il take the spectacular collapse that’s for sure.

Oh and the Mace was bloody great.

3 Card Poker Champion!
    Congrats England! Had a great day at the Oval. Might probably be the last time I'll see Tendulkar bat. The celebrations were awesome - very enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    what is that meant to be?
    A wry Flintoff dig?
    When interviewed Swanny said that when he got his 5th wicket, Jimmy turned to him and said, 'go on Swany, Lord it like Freddie', so it must have been his rendition of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pothas View Post
    What a fantastic day, so made up for the disappointment of Thursday.

Was rewarded for total stupidity of not realising you could buy tickets online beforehand, realised this at about 2am which was too late so got to Vauxhall at 6am on the off chance that there would be some left. The guy first told us there were a few restricted ones before then telling us there were ones for £20 on the roof terrace, were unbelievably good seats directly behind the wickets. Yeah the series was over and India were utterly pathetic in the afternoon but being there was just wonderful, especially with Swann rounding it all off.

Not quite the perfect day of course, everyone wanted Sachin to make it, the tension and excitement as he got into the 90s was really quite something, understand it was a pretty close decision but must say it looked out to me, one off Swann looked bloody close as well. Regardless it was great to see him make runs in his last test in England (well I suppose you never know) even if he was not at his best.

Star of the day Amit Mishra though, thought he was fantastic, looked every inch a genuine batsman. thought we had a chance at thrilling finish at one point but il take the spectacular collapse thatís for sure.
    There was one plumb one that didn't get given and another one that was clipping that I think he padded up to.

International Vice-Captain MW1304's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacknife View Post
    When interviewed Swanny said that when he got his 5th wicket, Jimmy turned to him and said, 'go on Swany, Lord it like Freddie', so it must have been his rendition of it.
    Actually, I'm pretty sure I remember seeing Prior down on one knee with his arms outstretched afterwards (was probably in the ad break, or they just didn't show it). Must have all been doing a Freddie piss-take, but at the time I didn't really cotton on.

International Vice-Captain MW1304's Avatar
    Star of the day Amit Mishra though, thought he was fantastic, looked every inch a genuine batsman.
    AWTA entirely. He seemed more in control than Tendulkar, actually, can't remember him actually giving us any chances before he got out.

Regardless it was great to see him make runs in his last test in England (well I suppose you never know) even if he was not at his best.
    If India stay in the top 4 in test rankings he'll play in the test championship playoffs in England I imagine. Well, its in 2013 I think so he may have retired by then, but I reckon he'll still be around.

If he gets that chance to play in the 2013 test championships he'll also be able to have another crack at a Lord's ton too.

International Coach biased indian's Avatar
    congrats to England....the best team in the world ...

i didn't watch a single ball of the series live as my cable operator cut the ESPN jsut 5 days before the start of series .all my following of the series was in news channel which was just 2-3 minutes of highlights...

As for us we have WI coming home and us going to Aus as future test matches rt ?

don't see any series for England in cricinfo... when is there next test match and against whom ?
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
    RIP Craigos

Pakistan @ UAE
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    We play Pakistan in UAE, that's in January and after that we go to Sri Lanka
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Page 81 of 81 FirstFirst ... 3171798081

Thread Information