• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What do you mean by perfect, Social?

Also, have you been to or played any cricket there in the winter yourself? I don't remember a Test in the UAE in January/February before.
Mid-20s, clear blue skies every day - heaven for all outdoor sports

The only issue might be with the light at the end of the day as it gets dark very quickly in the desert

smash84

The Tiger King
but agree with Social. The weather is awesome these days (and expected to remain like this till mid feb

Furball

Evil Scotsman
We will find that out after the series for sure. Both are playing in unfriendly conditions against oppositions that have many players not adept at playing spin (with few exceptions). you cant have a more level playing field than this and it would settle the debate of the world's number one spinner in both tests and ODIs
The debate was settled a long time ago in Tests.

Lazy stereotyping ftw. Oh, it's England, their players must be rubbish at playing spin.

ganeshran

International Debutant
The debate was settled a long time ago in Tests.

Lazy stereotyping ftw. Oh, it's England, their players must be rubbish at playing spin.
Its not lazy stereotyping since I am not saying all English players are rubbish at playing spin. I am going by the performance of the current squad most of whom are not comfortable against quality spin bowling. We saw this is in the recent series in the SC.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Its not lazy stereotyping since I am not saying all English players are rubbish at playing spin. I am going by the performance of the current squad most of whom are not comfortable against quality spin bowling. We saw this is in the recent series in the SC.
Ah you mean that recent series which was a) an ODI series and b) featured a lot of batsmen not in England's Test XI?

Funny how we'll ignore the Indian spinners getting absolutely hammered in England.

ganeshran

International Debutant
Ah you mean that recent series which was a) an ODI series and b) featured a lot of batsmen not in England's Test XI?

Funny how we'll ignore the Indian spinners getting absolutely hammered in England.
My post was that the debate will be settled in both tests and ODIs.

India's spin attack in England was so poor, it wouldn't have challenged a club team.

Jacknife

International Captain
We will find that out after the series for sure. Both are playing in unfriendly conditions against oppositions that have many players not adept at playing spin (with few exceptions). you cant have a more level playing field than this and it would settle the debate of the world's number one spinner in both tests and ODIs
Just out of interest who do you consider out of England's top 7, crap against spin?

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman

India's spin attack in England was so poor, it wouldn't have challenged a club team.
Rubbish. Ajmal is nowhere near the bowler Swann is in Tests.

I think Swann's a better ODI bowler as well but since I don't particularly give a **** about the format I'm not going to bother arguing that one.

Jacknife

International Captain

It's the same spin attack that played in India against England and against WI or is that your point India have crap spinners.

Last edited: