• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England's Blossoming Under Flower

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Quality punning, but you need to correct the typo in the title.

videll

Cricket Spectator
When I first found this thread I thought it is about real flowers in UK or London florists. :laugh:
Now after I have read the interesting article I know this was a misunderstanding. the article is about Andy Flower and not about real flowers. Sometimes I am really obtuse. :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Does anyone remember 2002's Power Cricket gimmick? It was a match between "The Brits" and Rest of the World, in a twin-innings (15 overs each) format in a closed ground, with varying degrees of big hits. In that game, Andy Flower played for the ROW XI in that game, and the back of his shirt had "FLOWERS" printed on it.

That game also had a certain "Matthew FLEMMING" and "Jeff Astle" play for either side.

About Andy Flower, I'd say both he and Gary Kirsten are two examples of recently-retired players doing well as international coaches. Maybe something to think about?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yes, I remember that. Played at the Millennium Stadium, Cardiff, IIRC.

They had Corky wired up when he was bowling, and he sussed that what he was saying was also being relayed to the batsmen at the same time. When Charles Colville asked him what the next delivery was going to be, Corky said 'bouncer' - then fired in a leg-stump yorker.

I think if the ball was whacked into the upper tier you scored 8 or 10. The next year, Twenty20 was invented - a huge improvement.

Does it still drive Richard nuts?

Howe_zat

Audio File
Yes, I remember that. Played at the Millennium Stadium, Cardiff, IIRC.

They had Corky wired up when he was bowling, and he sussed that what he was saying was also being relayed to the batsmen at the same time. When Charles Colville asked him what the next delivery was going to be, Corky said 'bouncer' - then fired in a leg-stump yorker.

I think if the ball was whacked into the upper tier you scored 8 or 10. The next year, Twenty20 was invented - a huge improvement.

Does it still drive Richard nuts?
Richard hasn't been seen for a while, staff forum excepted.